• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kiiras Tummytuck journey...yikes :]

PiiNK_PuNkStarr x

iM ON MY WaY!!..
So hello again everyone. Im not so familiar with many on here i usually use minimins but as this is about plastic surgery here i am..

Im 26 and since 2009 i lost 17 and half stone ive been promised bodylift surgery but when i finally got to see a surgeon i was told there was no funding and i should appeal. But he could go ahead with the tummytuck in the mean time. So thats where im at. Im having my tummytuck in two weeks time.

My first surgeons waiting list was very long so the hospital asked if id see a diff one which i agreed but asked to meet him first. The appointment was set and i went down to whiston to meet him in 26th may. Turns out he was off sick but his stand in surgeon saw me and agreed to go ahead. I was given a surgery date of 7th july and my preop is tomoz.

My weight has been consistantly stable with my bmi 24.3ish but what has me really worried is that its my time of month and every month its the same drill i gain 4/5 lbs and its gone two to three days after my cycle ends. But here i am 5lbs heavier the day before my preop!! I hope they take into account its my time of the month and look at my previous weighin results. As im worried that my bmi will be slightly over 25 when they weigh me :( fingers crossed huh?

Will post more tomoz after preop and let everyone know whats happening.. Ill also be posting up to the op and afterwards so drop in and share my journey with me . Any tips/advice from fellow members most welcome as ive never even had surgery before.

Kiira x

Good luck Kiira!

You have done so well to lose all that weight, Im sure if your weight is still up a bit tomorrow they will take the damn hormones into consideration.

Look forward to following your tummy tuck journey x

Hope so thats my only fear!! Them postponing op because of that for me to be totally fine few days time. Im going to ask them to go ahead and weigh me day before or day of surgery and if im over bmi they can refuse surgery but i knowwww ill be back to normal by weekend! Xx

Hi Kiira, I wouldn't worry about those 5lbs....my PS made me quit smoking and I gained more then 5lbs!!!! I have just had my TT as you know and although the first few days have been uncomfortable it was the right decision. Keep writing your journal, we all look forward to reading it and if you have any questions post them on here and one of us will have the answer for you im sure.

Mandy x

thankyou mandy!..its good to be amongst people that have had/are waiting for the same thing.

well its 8am.. ive been to the gym yesterday and this morning so feeling confident that my some of the water retention will have gone.. fingers crossed... im lucky i dont smoke i cant imagine the stress and nerves of surgery AND giving up smoking at the same time!! so congrats,

im now off to liverfool (whiston) to have my preop i have a long list of questions to ask the nurse.. lets hope she doesnt hate me haha.

will post an update later and let you know how i get on...

x

hey there =]
well went and had bloods , urine sample , blood pressure pulse ect ect everything fine... bmi was the same as last time so worry over there... BUT its all down to mrsa checks ill find out in a few days if its clear.. if it is clear then ill be able to have surgery if not they give me treatment and i go to bottom of list (next dec).

so fingers crossed.. i cant believe its down to this surgery is two weeks today i really hope i can go ahead ...feeling nervous as i work in a care home & a gym so maybe more vunerable to catch it ?

anyone had expierience with mrsa tests?

x

Hello hunny,

I had these done, they took swabs from my nose, armpits and groin...everything came back clear (obviously lol) hope the same is for you!!!!

Have put on some post op photos now, let me know what you think.....I am really swollen and although I was a size 12 before the op, I am struggling even with 14's now :(

Mandy x

ok so.... i got a phone call at 9am saying my surgeon was now going on anual leave for the next three weeks...i was at the preop yesterday and everything was fine =[..

given me a new date of 14th july.. so the week later (3 weeks today) so im just hoping that theres no cancelations with this one.. fingers crossed.

Yeah :) its not like its ages and ages away so thats all ok :) . My mrsa swobs came back clear but urine tested posistive for ecoli? I said is she sure that its not been misread as was time of month? And they making me redo urine test on monday and maybe gettin me antibiotics if needed :) so happy mrsa tests were clear they worried me due to workin in a care home!! X

Good luck :)

HEY EVERYONE!!
here i am 5 days after fdl tt.

omg nothing prepared me for this.. but its all coming together now.. im not in contant pain BUT i do have a huge swelling on my right outer thigh.. not painful but worrying.... i hope this is normal

got someone bringing bromelain tonight and arnica so will start taking that.

i did do diary while in hospital so ill type all these up later for people to see noy got energy now...

xx

Congratulations on your op now being all done, you really have done fab and lost sooo much.
Hope your not in too much discomfort and am soon on the mend, look forward to reading the rest of your story. xxx

Ps- i love your hair x

well done in getting over ur tt. Hope you make a full recovery soon- i bet ur excited to see what its like once all swelling etc is down
xx

Back