• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kiiras Tummytuck journey...yikes :]

DIARY UPDATE::

here are a few of my diary extracts.

NIGHT BEFORE SURGERY!!

So i thought i better do a quick writeup the night before my surgery , its 11:45pm , ive just got changed into my sleep nightie & drunk my last bit of water im allowed before surgery. Have been told im 2nd on the list which is around 10am, so by dinnertime tomoz i should be all done and resting. My surgeon will be coming to see me first thing to draw on me and i have to sign a consent form to allow him to operate , he will go through all the risks and complications with me. watching shutter island on these hospital tv's which cost a fortune to rent but saves boredom i guess...this film is creeepy!! but takes my mind off tomoz a bit...im feeling ok half asleep but wide awake at the same time , had my BP checked twice and had a blood thinning injection in my hip. nurses seem friendly enough , the room is pretty impressive, its a newly built hospital and im in my own side room with an ensuite bathroom all to myself... Tom says its better then his travel lodge haha.

Spent years dreaming of this and here i am seems like just yesterday i was 25 stone , ill be ok i owe it to myself and all those i inspire, my story and message to everyone is not done with , will write more in morning..

MORNING OF SURGERY!!!

its morning and woke up around 6am & first thought was "LONGGGG DAY AHEAD" mouths all dry not allowed to drink aything or eat so it feels icky. The thing i hate the most is these dammm stockings i have to wear for the leg compression they feel so tight it almost hurts. TOLD IM GOING IN FIRST!! as first surgeon was running late so im up!! omg im freaking a little now... my hands are shaking so badly lol...gawd this is crazy it hurts just thinking about it all , but i know it will be ok....so last night i slept well , i did have a light sedative to help me sleep though so maybe that...soon as i dropped off to sleep i was woken at 1am by doctor coming in to take bloods... was told they needed it incase complications in the op , as i was overweight for long time my bodys blood vessels are larger then most so i have a high risk of over bleeding in the operation.

still feeling ok about it though...i can smell the breakfast trolleys coming and stupid nurse teases me by asking if im nill by mouth and cant eat... i say yeah and she goes away lol.... mouth so dry.

wish i could go for a run...

this was my before surgery diary i will write more later ...

ON A GOOD NOTE IM FEELING MUCH BETTER!!

Went to see the emergency docs last night as i have a fluid build up in my thigh and i was freaking.. she sed its normal and will disolve on its own so thats all good. i feel imeadeatly much better ..

been to the toilet today and feeel better as i can go normaly now no straining... also took off my binder today to put it on straighter as it was digging in looked first time in mirror and whoa my tummy is tight and smooth apart from bumps of the swelling... i have no jelly tummy omg it made all this so worth while omg happier then i have been in days... and ive had quite a lot of tears and emotions..

swelling is bad but just started taking arnica and bromelian as been told they are good so lets see.

going for my dressing change on friday and i might have dressings off all together we shall see... i want to take pics for you but it will have to wait.. mine is a bit more intensive as ive had a FDL TT (vertical and horizontal) so ill have a huge scar down middle too but so worth it compared to the mass of skin i had in middle...

so thats all i can manage for now ladies...

i really want to see mandys pics!!! :p... hint hint @ mandy.. x

xxx

Hey Kiira, so glad everything is going good! Just take each day as it comes and if you start feeling good one day, still take it easy as I learnt very quickly that it changes each hour of the day. I have put on some more photos, can't wait to see yours!

Mandy x

thankyou chicky i feel like it helps coming here and posting progress ive had a good day .. spent the day at home resting and a friend stayed with me and helped me get waste the day away watching films.. she also tidied up a bit for me im lucky!! xx

Pink punk, I haveseen you about minimims, I do a VLCD too. I am hoping to try get a TT by the end of the year but I am not sure how it is going to all pan out yet. I just have to say you are an inspriation to someone like me as I had 100 lbs to loose and am on the home stretch now.

I hope your recovery is a smooth one and you heal well. XX

heres a few photos ...taken yesterday 9 days after surgery. still have a lot of swelling its my time of the month also.. so prob more swelling due to that BUT i wore a short top for the first time ever....i dont mean crop top just one that hits my waist and not my usual cover my knees type top lol..

healing pretty well...i had a nightmare with the dressings , went to liverpool on friday to get my dressings changed she said the incisions looked much older than they were and they are healing sooo well. she put my dressings on while i was in a L shaped sitting on a bed... when i stood up of course my skin was pulling on the dressings and really ripping away from the scars.... i told her it was too tight but she said its because its a new dressing and would get better... so i accepted this and came home...

Got home to north wales and saw that the dressings had been ripped down and i had a 2-3 inch uncovered bit of the scar and the dressings were still tight and pulling.. i phoned the hospital and said we could go back to liverpool or go to A&E as we couldnt afford keep going back to liverpool i went to A&E and spent 2 hours up there and had dressings all changed.. i couldnt believe it all and was very tired emotional and upset.

after i was home i was getting changed for bed and something felt strange.. i then noticed that i had around 8 inches of my hip scar undressed and i was so shocked i nearly fainted.. luckily i had extra dressings here so i could dress it myself BUT omg!!! i really wasnt happy that day..

saturday was much better i actually went into town (llandudno) and got my piercing changed back by my piercer (i was still wearing bloody plastic one from my op)... and i walked around town and had a good day.. feeling it today though..

the only thing on my mind right now is these freaking compression stockings its day 10 today and i want them off... i been told 10-14 days so not sure when they can come off i HATE them.

hope everyones ok.

im not totally happy with my tummy seems Thick and not shapley but im guessing some is swelling so ill just wait.. im in sizes 10-12 instead of 8-10 and my old trousers just wont do up at all ... grrr.. still ill give it time..

considering what they had to work with i think they have done a good job x

Attachments

• photo(31).JPG
    photo(31).JPG
    354.4 KB · Views: 545
  • photo(19).JPG
    photo(19).JPG
    329 KB · Views: 576
  • photo(15).JPG
    photo(15).JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 825
  • photo(34).JPG
    photo(34).JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 405
Wow - that looks amazing. I know you say you are not pleased but it is still probably very swollen after the op. I am sure you will be pleased with the result. Can I also say huge congratulations. To have lost all that weight by your own efforts is amazing - I am full of admiration for you.

tranquil x

ATT1-vi.gif

thanks ladies... one side has a slight bit of loose skin still.. but im guessing thats normal the nurse said that if it doesnt heal as i like i can have it tweeked as thats what normally happens.. im not sure i want more surgery on my tummy though so im just hoping it will be ok :)

here are a few pics of me wearing a short top cant freakin believe i could wear this top.. even with swelling and bandages.. :)

Attachments

• photo(29).JPG
    photo(29).JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 296
  • photo(30).JPG
    photo(30).JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 321
It's perfectly normal, I had a swelling on one side and it took 6 months before it a settled down to normal. Had. Tummy tuck after losing 18 stone. I had an up and across incission like you've had. You look great!

thanks for sharing , ive never had surgery before so wasnt sure whats normal or not and whoa 18 stone you beat me by a stone .. well done are you happy with yours now? x

Yes very. I'm flat as a pancake, I have a reasonable sized behind! But my front is well aligned, I've ordered a bikni for my hols next week. 1st time in my life I'm gonna show that much flesh.

So went to the dreaded hospital again and this time the expierience was really good , friendly lovely nurse she was a burns nurse but was covering on the plastic unit so she had to keep going to get some info from other people but she managed to help put me at ease.

my scars are all fully closed and healing fine.
my dressings are only on for padding due to some scabbing that she doesnt want me to knock off with my clothes.
i can shower and put dressings on myself afterwards now. (im actually scared to shower but i think ill give it a try tomoz).

i dont need a further check up until 2 weeks today so that will be the one month mark..

the skin is actually tightening as its healing it was much looser at my first check up but today it looked better , i asked if this was normal and she said it will tone as im healing....

also asked about my thighs as they have really gone much fatter and wider and she has said its swelling and will go down =] pleased and more at ease..

heres a few pics taken today.. 2 weeks post op... im very flat when i stretch upwards and lie flat so im hoping it will heal better =D

Attachments

• photo(44).JPG
    photo(44).JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 771
  • photo(47).JPG
    photo(47).JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 685
  • photo(49).JPG
    photo(49).JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 332
WOW!!!!! You look amazing. Not only your TT pics but you generally look at least 15 years younger than when you first started your journey, well done hun xxx

Wow those pics of you before weight loss and after are great, what an amazing difference.

I hope your feeling better after your TT, it looks great.x

hey everyone i had some problems a week or so ago noticed i still had lumps of fat and loose skin once swelling had gone done.. so i booked to see a surgeon and see what they said...

heres the update.....

hey everyone i thought it best to do an update!!
thanks for all your support and messages it really does mean a lot to me..

Well i went back to surgeon and hes saying that a lot is due to swelling and scar tissues underneath causing it to be uneven possibly even fluid , he says it will settle down some and he cant know for deffo what the results will be like until end of oct maybe november so hes asked me to use bio oil or e45 cream on it and massage in circular motions each day to help break down the scar tissues...

my next appointment is 26th october..

all dressings have been removed now... and as im now 4 weeks and 4 days after surgery ive been told exercise is ok as long as it isnt rigourous or stretching the scar So... 4 weeks was the allowed mark and yep i was out at 9am on the thursday (4 weeks exactly) cycling..heres what ive been doing since.

Thursday
1 hour cycle
some light walking.

Friday.

20 minutes cross trainer (slow pace)
25 minutes treadmill walking.
a couple of the toning beds that are safe to use.

Saturday
30 minutes walking on treadmil
20 mins cross trainer
1 hour 15 minutes bike ride
some toning beds and power plate on arms and legs. (trying to break down the fluid).

Sunday
walking around local town for a few hours
40 minute bike ride.

So as you can see it may not be amazing amount like im used to but im getting back into it AND im back at work in my toning centre which is good because it means my minds not bored..

so im feeling more posistive... yes it is good compared to what i had before and the more exercise i do the more the swelling is subsiding...

ill post again soon xx

ps- i also want to know how mandy is getting on!!.. x

Back