• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kings College London

Brennie

Hi just wondering if anybody has had a bypass in KC I am waiting for surgery ,the journey started 10 months ago ,and at last on my last visit to Dr Patel surgery I was told I am now on the waiting list that
was June the 14th ,I am just wondering how long I should expect to wait ,
I must say how great the forum is I have been so scared ,but now I feel such a lot better from reading everybodies tales
Brennie

BrianT

Illegitimis nil carborund
high Brennie,
I'm waiting for a GS at Kings and have been on the list since September 2010 I last checked 1 week ago and was told I was 6th on the list. Each Surgeon though has multiple practices (private and NHS) and so one Surgeon may work through their list more quickly than others.
Probably not what you wanted to hear but unfortunately is the reality. I can say that the last year has gone by very quickly, and so for me it hasn't seemed quite so bad. The Family have been nagging about it more than me!

Serapis Bey

Hello Ladies,

I'm nearly 6 months post op. I was operated on at Kings College.

I posted the following in another thread, I hope it helps:

My 1st appointment in kings college was in February 2010 to see someone in Dr.Alwyns clinic. She basically asked me questions & assessed whether I was suitable for the op.

I was sent a letter 2-3 weeks later saying that she'd recommended me to the surgery team.

I then had to have a blood test & do the sleep study for sleep apnoea. That was in May 2010.

I finally met with my surgeon in June 2010, who put me on her waiting list, I had to sign a big green form.

I saw the dietician in August 2010.

I still haven't received a letter with a date. I've called my surgeons secretary who's told me I should be allocated a date at the end of the month to be operated on in February.

- Updated! My operation was in March 2011

BrianT

Hello Ladies,

I'm nearly 6 months post op. I was operated on at Kings College.

I posted the following in another thread, I hope it helps:

My 1st appointment in kings college was in February 2010 to see someone in Dr.Alwyns clinic. She basically asked me questions & assessed whether I was suitable for the op.

I was sent a letter 2-3 weeks later saying that she'd recommended me to the surgery team.

I then had to have a blood test & do the sleep study for sleep apnoea. That was in May 2010.

I finally met with my surgeon in June 2010, who put me on her waiting list, I had to sign a big green form.

I saw the dietician in August 2010.

I still haven't received a letter with a date. I've called my surgeons secretary who's told me I should be allocated a date at the end of the month to be operated on in February.

- Updated! My operation was in March 2011

Hi Plump333 did you have a pre-op diet with Ms Chang? only My assesment is 10 days before my surgery and I've not been given anything regarding diet either pre or post op.

Serapis Bey

Hi Brian

I was told about the pre-op/post op diet during my appointment with the dietician - which was 8 months before my surgery. I was also given a diet sheet during the session.

I suggest that you give the dietician a call, she should send you a diet sheet.

Just so you know, I was required to do the milk diet 10 days before the operation.

If you don't get any joy from the dietician, let me know and I'll send you the diet sheet (that's assuming the pre-op diet for the RNY is the same as the gastric sleeve). I'm not sure where it is now but I'll have a good hunt if you need it. :) )

BTW You'll be in good hands. Dr.Chang is a great surgeon and a lovely person.

Good luck x

BrianT

Hi Brian

I was told about the pre-op/post op diet during my appointment with the dietician - which was 8 months before my surgery. I was also given a diet sheet during the session.

I suggest that you give the dietician a call, she should send you a diet sheet.

Just so you know, I was required to do the milk diet 10 days before the operation.

If you don't get any joy from the dietician, let me know and I'll send you the diet sheet (that's assuming the pre-op diet for the RNY is the same as the gastric sleeve). I'm not sure where it is now but I'll have a good hunt if you need it. :) )

BTW You'll be in good hands. Dr.Chang is a great surgeon and a lovely person.

Good luck x

Thanks for that I've not seen a dietician from Kings at all, I saw Chang back in September 2010 and apart from Sleep/Lung/blood tests the only other communication was when the letter turned up on Friday.
I'll ring them on Monday morning and see what they say but thanks for the advice.