• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

LorraineL

HI this is my first visit to this forum. I have been advised to have a bypass. I am due to see the surgeon in November. I am having this done to the NHS. I was wondering if anybody else on here has had surgeon by Avril Cheng at Kings College Hospital in London. If so what can I expect? How long was the wait between seeing the surgeon and having the op? Am quite excited and worried at the same time. :wave_cry:

hiya lorainel.im in the same position as you.everything is done now.and I am waiting to go back to clinic to see consultant.but im not on the waiting list yet.they say here in Bradford approx. 18 weeks.but that's only a guideline.i am hoping before Christmas.but time is rolling on.i went to see the anethsatist for sleep apnea.and everthing is ok to ahead with surgery.i was shaking my knees were knocking.all sorts of feelings.just like most of us.excited but worried aswell.

I also have sleep apnea, which I am receiving treatment for and was told 2 weeks ago is under control with the CPAP machine so no need to go back for year at which point they hope I`ve lost enough weight to come off it. Fingers crossed

Back