• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kirklees anyone

specialk

A there anyone from Kirklees - Dewsbury area?!

If so can you let me know how long this process has taken?

K :)

I have just been for my initial weight management meeting where I am being referred to the surgeon, just waiting for that surgeon consultation, hopefully that should be the first or second week in December. How about you?

K :) x

Hi Special K , I'm wondering if were about the same time going through this , my Gp
Referred me to shape your weight and then they have done a telephone consultation today and forward my referral on to Dr Raj at Dewsbury but they said appointment would take about 8 weeks x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I've been referred to kirklees weight management scheme which runs out of Dewsbury hospital. 2 weeks ago I went to an initial meeting with a health care worker who managed to get my bp up to 212/159 and then down to 95/57 so not very comforting for me. But I now need to wait for a consultant, she didn't say who to contact me for my first appointment then I have 12 weeks of weight management appointments with dieticians and physiotherapists

Sorry using my iPhone and it's sending messages before I've finished.

Where abouts in Dewsbury/Kirklees are you?

K x

I'm in Wakefield and apparently I will see dr raj at Dewsbury and like you under their weight management for 12 weeks . Keep me informed Hun because it does seem were at similar stages x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Specialk, do they actually refer you to dewsbury bariatrics team when you attend that first meeting ?
Dawn , have the health advisors actually already referred you to dr Raj at dewsbury already, before your first appointment? Sorry for all the questions, I just couldn't get much out of the lady I rang when I got the first letter telling me to ring for an appointment. Then a couple of weeks ago I received a letter from Milton Keynes saying I haven't rung for an appointment even though I have one at ponte on 28 th . Hope they've got it right and the letter wasn't to make one at the hospital to see surgeon??!!
No good for my BP all this haha x

Leda

You shouldn't have had a letter from Milton Keynes?!? Is that where your originally from?

Once you attend the first meeting they talk you through your options and put you in contact with your chosen option, either weight watchers, physio and dietitian or the surgical option, then you have to wait for the consultant to get in touch

Hope that helps

That's great and clear! Haha. No, I don't know why I got that? They said to ignore it when I rang health trainers place about it. Said someone may forgotten to click that they'd accepted me ?! X

Hi ladies

Just a quick question have either of you received the second referral to meet with MDT yet? I was told I would get it 6 weeks after the initial appointment, it's been about 8 weeks now.

Hello, I seemed to skip the first one that you got, my first appointment on 28 nov was with Dr Raj at Ponte diabetic part. That took 7 weeks from referral being received. He said go on the 12 week shape your weight course in jan and after that you will come back to here and I will put in for funding. Today I rang the wakefield number as I hadn't heard when it starts and she said he shouldn't have told you January as one only started last month! She says the next 12 week course is mid Feb.

O then she said she would make me an appointment to see the dietician in jan to be going on with while I'm waiting! So that's at Pinders late jan. I turned down 8th jan as I thought I had something on but was wrong. Dawn has her appointment through for mid jan. X

Oh, I'm really confused now?!?? I have an appointment on the 14th Jan but I don't know what or who it's for, all I know is that it is in the diabetic centre at Dewsbury hospital at 5:45.

That's probably Dr Raj then, mine was in Ponte diabetics centre. He asked lots of questions, how far you can walk and how likely you are to nod off during certain activities. He listened to my heart etc and when I brought the surgery up he said "well even people who have had surgery put weight on"! Didn't seem to want to talk about that yet but said keep a food diary and lose 5%. Think if you've no comorbs its 10%. You may see Dawn then! Good luck, let me know what he says x

I've got no comorbs, for a fattie (as I call myself) I am quite fit, I can walk well, exercise regularly I just struggle to lose weight... Looks like I'm not getting surgery... What activities did he ask if you fell asleep in?

K x

Well you might, sounds like they want you to prove you can change your eating habits first, hence the s/w course. The questions about sleep are stuff like would you nod off reading a book, short drive in a car, long journey etc. I've lost 1 and half stone in 3 months but its hard . Such a long process though!

Back