• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

omg what a let down

claire38

what a let down !!!!
i don't really know where to start but i had to do weight management group for 12 weeks and after jumping through so many hoops and loosing 2.5 stone bringing my bmi to 35 my consultant put me forward for funding ... with kirklees pct , i was granted funding 2 years later to the day i went to see my gp ..
i have under active thyroid , severe sleep apnoea and need a hip replacement ..i then had to move house , i was told that i would still be allowed to carry on as before and was called for the seminar in halifax last friday . After travelling all the way to be there for 9 am they informed me that from then on kirklees would no longer be funding my operation and that it was down to blackpool pct , she also said this is because i have moved house ... i was then informed that they have been liaising with blackpool and i do not fall in to their catagory as my bmi is below 40 ...
what a kick in the teeth
what do i do ? has anyone any ideas?
please help

Heck that is such an awful position to be in hun :(

did my post not show? go to PALS honey, heres the link, good luck :) xxx
Home

i will do thanks ... i just dont want to put the weight on ive worked hard to loose either

Also write to your new mp! Ask your gp to appeal on your behalf. Get a solicitor to write a letter to the PCT claiming they are violating your human right to get medical help. Just don't let them beat you down.

i will do thanks ... i just dont want to put the weight on ive worked hard to loose either

I know you say that, Claire ... but the easiest option to get the funding again *would* be to get your BMI above 40 again. It is now very difficult to get funding if BMI below 40.

If your BMI was above 40, you woul immediately qualify with at least 2 co-morbidities from the list you mentioned at the top: (1) sleep apnoea, and (2) osteo-arthritis (needing a hip replacement).

You would not be the first person to put weight on to qualify under our stupid NHS / NICE /PCT red tape-itis !!!

Heck, Xmas is coming up -- you could decide to treat yourself while I stick to my pre-op diet (soz). :17729:

Under my pct you would qualify with a BMI of 35 with co-morbidities. NICE guidelines.

I think you should write letters to the right people. Email. Make a point of the untold stress and pressure this is putting you under.

I was going to move to live with my partner in Warwickshire last year. This was one of the factors that put me off. The PCT criteria was different and decided to stay put.

Good luck with the fight. We are all here to offer help, support and advice :) x

Oh that just sucks.. I am new to all this and have spent 2 years fighting with my GP about my BMI, I am sure he was trying to kill me off!!!
Fight, Fight, Fight, dont let them get you down
xxxx

Back