• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dewsbury kirklees or wakefield anyone

specialk

Hi all

Is there anyone post op from Wakefield Dewsbury or Kirklees on here?

I have finished tier 3 and got referred on to the bariatric team, I am just wondering if anyone has been to this seminar? How long did it take for funding to be put into place and then also how long for surgery?

Dr Raj wasn't very clear on time frames yesterday and I would just like to know?!

Many thanks

K x

Hi I'm from Wakefield and had my band in Dewsbury. I attended the seminar in July last year and had my surgery in May. It would have been a little earlier but I had some doubts at the end of the year which delayed things slightly and the psychologist was off sick so my evaluation was delayed. The surgeon is mr white who is based in Dewsbury and Maxine is the bariatric nurse.

Good luck with your journey. X

It went through diff types of surgery and the process from there. Quite informative and an opportunity to ask any questions. What type of surgery are you planning on having? X

I think in all honesty a bypass.

How long after the seminar was funding I. Place and was you banded?

Ah right, that's ok, I believe at the minute there is no waiting list, so when funding is in place there is a short time to surgery.

I have worried at the minute so I don't know either at the minute either.

K x

It is a decision that will affect the rest of your life so it is natural to have some doubts. I am so glad I went ahead. I am losing weight and look and feel better than I have for a very long time. I'm glad though I didn't rush the decision. I still struggle with food choices and lifestyle but will get there. Xx

Back