• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

omg what a let down

claire38

what a let down !!!!
i don't really know where to start but i had to do weight management group for 12 weeks and after jumping through so many hoops and loosing 2.5 stone bringing my bmi to 35 my consultant put me forward for funding ... with kirklees pct , i was granted funding 2 years later to the day i went to see my gp ..
i have under active thyroid , severe sleep apnoea and need a hip replacement ..i then had to move house , i was told that i would still be allowed to carry on as before and was called for the seminar in halifax last friday . After travelling all the way to be there for 9 am they informed me that from then on kirklees would no longer be funding my operation and that it was down to blackpool pct , she also said this is because i have moved house ... i was then informed that they have been liaising with blackpool and i do not fall in to their catagory as my bmi is below 40 ...
what a kick in the teeth
what do i do ? has anyone any ideas?
please help

oh my god claire what an awful situation :( i really feel for you, there is nothing you can do really except gain weight, which is totally ridiculous, bless your heart :( good luck xxx

how mad is that that i have been granted funding from one pct but another is saying no surley there is something i can do

what a bloody let down clair i feel for you.
the way you have been treated is unexceptable and if i were you i would seek advice from your local p.a.l.s office tell them what has happened to you, they are really good at fighting your case and stand by you till the end,

as caron has said also gaining weight and getting your bmi high enough to fit your p.c.t requirements.

good luck with what ever you choose keep posting to let us know how you get on and also for the advice and support you can get off the good people on this forum. xxxx

just worked out my bmi is 37.5 i think im going to write to both pct's and also the medical directors will keep you informed .... gutted is a understatement

i cant even find the local pct requirements for blackpool

As Lynda said, its definately worth getting in touch with PALS, good luck honey, heres the link xxx
Home

OMG I cannot believe the situation you're in:sigh::sigh:

This is a joke and you need to push this further,I know that you need to go through hoops but this takes the biscuit it really does.

I feel for you right now:mad:

Andy

I'm under Blackpool pct if you have diabetes etc (co morbities) it's under 40 but if not has to be over ...hope you get sorted out it doesn't seem fair to me ,,go on about the aponea as much as possible especially if you have been diagnosed by hospital xx good luck

Someone posted on here recently that they were from Huddersfield & had been granted funding but then moved to Blackpool & were still allowed to have their op in Huddersfield. Cannot remember who it was but hopefully they will see your post & respond. So sorry you have had this happen to you as if it isn't hard enough :(:( xx

Omg that's so unfair Hun I'm so sorry keep fighting hope u get good news x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I would get in touch with the Bariatric team at your old hospital and ask them if they can please contact the new PCT and explain that the only reason you're under the BMI limit for them is because you've been under the previous team and all the things you've done with them. If you'd not be undergoing the process then you would never have a BMI under 40

It does seem unfair that, because you've moved and have to be funded by a different PCT, you now don't qualify for that funding because the weight management programme you've been following has been effective. I do think you should be allowed to use your starting BMI as opposed to your current BMI.

Good luck and I hope you get a positive answer,

Tatiana

Or you could write back and say you have moved back as Blackpool didn't work and then use a friends address :(

how awful, i would do as someone else suggested, contact PALS, bombard whoever you need to concerning this, its disgraceful being treated in this way... actually its ridiculos basically theyre saying if you put on a bit more weight then you will qualify with help from 'us'....
good luck xx much love and hugs xxx

Back