• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kitty's Post Op Recipe Thread

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty
Beef and Tomato Stew/Soup

I made this for 3 people, and had loads to spare. I know I use a lot of ingredients but feel free to change what you want to suit you.

Ingredients
450g of Beef Stewing Steak (trim the fat)
800g chopped tomatoes in natural juice (tin)
500g Beef Stock
100g Onions
Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
Dash of Tabasco sauce smoked red jalapenos
Dash of Balsamic Vinegar
Pinch of Italian Herbs
Small pot of low fat plain yogurt
Dash of Semi Skimmed Milk
Literally throw all the above (except the yogurt and milk) in a big pan then put on a low heat for 1-2 hours. This way is better than frying the meats etc as it releases the meats juices slowly and they take in more of the flavour. Add two table spoons of yogurt, stir, then serve.

Leave as a chunky stew or do the following to soup it for the post op liquids stage.
Fill a small bowl with the stew, as if you were serving it. Then put it in the blender, and blend until it's a lovely paste. Add a table spoon of yogurt and about 20mls of milk. Blend more.

Pour the mush into a sieve and use the back of a spoon to press all the liquid out of it. By the end you will be left with a bowl of liquid soup, and a bowl of mush.

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty
Pea, Mint and Ham Soup

Well more bacon. But it's of the pig family so I calssed it as ham lol.

Ingredients
200g bacon smoked lardons
200g garden peas
2 litre of water
No or Low fat yogurt
Mint sauce

First off boil the peas and bacon in the water for 2-3 hours. Then drain into a bowl. Add the peas and bacon to a blender, and half the water stock to the blender and blend until smooth.

Once smooth add a tablespoon or two of mint sauce and yogurt.

Blend a bit more then pour into a sieve and use the back of the spoon to push through the liquid, throwing away the sludge.

Lovely smooth pea, mint and ham soup.

I am thinking of adding wasabi to another batch to give it a little more bite.

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
im gonna like this thread lol thanks kitty xxx

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty
You're welcome

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty
My Pre, Post and general recipe blog (by popular demand!)

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty
Good luck on your journey hon. My main blog Paws for Thought has my ups and downs, i copy them sometimes to my thread here

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty