• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

L&D Post Op Diet

stuart111_2000

Hi All,

I am due to have my Bypass operation in a few weeks time at Luton & Dunstable.

Please can anyone tell me what the post op diet procedure is. How many weeks after the op you are at each stage - Liquid/Puree/Solid?

Also, how long was it before you started exercising again?

Thanks

2 liquid, 6 softs, then solid at 8 weeks. Walking from get go, no proper exercise until surgeon signs you off at your six week appointment.

I have to say I may have been lucky. After about 1 week of liquids, I moved onto soft/pureed foods. i had one mishap of my own fault (ate something i shouldn't have) But I was ok, I moved onto more solid foods sooner than some, at about 4 weeks. I tolerate pretty much everything really well, yes even small amounts of bread! I do not touch pasta or rice yet as i dont dare lol I moved through the stages quickly with the guidance and advice of the team, i didn't do anything without contacting the team first. As for exercise, I was allowed to ride my horse at a walk only 2 weeks after my op, then at 4 weeks i could ride properly as long as i was careful. I had my 6 week check and given the all clear.
My point is everyone is different and heals at different rates, some tolerate better than others. Good luck :)

Back