• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ladies - changes in Time of the Month after op

Mgoody

Hi all - I had my band on 05/07/11 and up until then had no previous problems with my TOTM - no pain , lasted 3 days were light and regular - a week after my band it lasted 7 days and was like hell on earth re pain and heavy flow - I put it down to not eating much (12tbsp pureed food a day) but here I am 4 weeks later and it's the same again -

Anyone else experienced such a drastic change ??

Michelle xxx

Can not help but just wanted to say I had problems with my totm anyway when I was younger.

I am sure someone will be along to help you out soon.

Rosebun x

I read somewhere that fat holds onto our hormones and when we lose it the hormones are released. For me it means I have monthly periods that are lighter rather than very heavy ones every 2-3 months. Hopefully this was a one off and as your body adjusts things settle down. xx

My surgery was 4/7/11 and I had a mirena coil fitted last year so had not been having any periods for months. As soon as was out of surgery I got my period and it lasted 2 weeks. Ive also have spotting since. I hope it calms down or I will have to get checked out as I have cysts, thickened endometrium etc.. which was all cleared last year with a hysteroscopy but my gynea told me anything unusual I have to go back to them to be checked. I'm sure initially it was the shock of the suregery and now its just my hormones changing because of the weight loss. Hope it calms down soon for us both xx

I had surgery 7/7/11 and had to stop my HRT I had two periods a week apart but since then NOTHING! I've 'felt' like it was coming, irritable, moody, swollen etc but nothing, even though I've been back on HRT a couple of weeks.
Hope yours was a one off & settles down soon.
xxxx sharon

I have pcos so dont have many totm's but mine hasnt changed at all xx

I now get a migrain before each period. Im thinking of going back on the pill to help this.

From having very erratic periods for most of my life due to being over weight I am finding now since my bypass surgery that they are coming every month. A few months before my surgery i even thought i was going into early menopause. But now I'm getting migraines, irritability and cramps. I just assumed it was the hormones all kicking back in. At my 12 week check at the hospital the Dr had a check list of questions he was asking one of them being about monthly cycle and asking about I should ensure I have a contraceptive in place. It just amazes me every day how weight can have such a major impact in your life!

I have been on the contraceptive injection since march 2009 after having my 2 year old and my periods stopped altogether after starting the jab (heaven lol) but i have now had 2 light short periods in the last 3 weeks??? again i am hoping it is my system adjusting to my weight loss fingers crossed i don't starting getting them every month lol:)

Hi all - thanks for all your posts. Went for fill yesterday and asked the dietician she said it was all due to losing weight and that your hormones are just adjusting - just like larger ladies often have problems with fertility and by losing weight it often helps - still a bit confused as ive lost this amount of weight before and not suffered with my periods ???? Hey ho will see how things go xx

Back