• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass & Time of the month....help please?

Gerry

Apologies if this has been asked before, but what happens if your op date falls during TOTM? Will they reschedule it? I have terrible periods which are exceptionally heavy (do a lot of overweight people get this?) and leave me laid up for at least four days. I'd hate to be trying to recover from the op and my period.

I'm also wondering if loosing weight may help with my periods and wonder if anyone else has noticed any such change in their monthly cycle.

Also wondering if it may aleviate the need for a hysterectomy later (which I see as the only way out of this monthly hell).

Love to hear from anyone who has noticed any change (or not).

Gerry
:)

They asked me at my pre-op assessment about when I was due - for me it was not a problem as I was mid cycle at the time, but I think if you are regular, then it would probably be better to have the op when you are not having a period - I know I would not have fancied faffing around with that in the immediate few days post-op. Someone else I am sure will be able to be more helpful. BTW, I have never noticed much change in my periods, regardless of what size I have been, they have always tended to be on the heavy side. Hope that helps a bit x

You can get norethisterone tablets from your GP which will stop your period, but as soon as you stop taking them they start again (as in the next day), so probably not ideal as you can't have pills post op.

As the others, mine was about 5 days after my period so worked out well. Going to the loo was bad enough for the first few days so I can't imagine having to faff about down below too!

Hi Gerry

I was on my period on Wednesday when I had my operation. I had only come on on Monday evening. This was not a problem and I just informed the nurses. It is not recommended that you take the medication to stop your period.

Nic x

i had not had a period in nearly 3 months not that i was bothered lol however on day of surgery up pops the dreaded friend and made me feel real crappy.

however explained to nurse she said thats fine he dont wanna operate their lol.

however now 7 weeks later the next one appears and god dam heavy im not in pain but can hardly move without a gush.

i hope this is not a sign of things to come

julie

Thanks Melting Mama. I'm really hoping that mine ease up a bit. I think I must be coming up to the menopause anyway, so with any luck they will stop soon. Got mine again at the moment and literally getting up from the chair makes me flood. Meant to be going with hubby to deliver a car to a friend of mine tomorrow. Think I will have to send hubby on his own as friend is driving us back, but don't want to get in his posh car and flood all over it :(.

I have a severe back problem too, and if I am in pain from the op, and then come on in the immediate days after the op, there is no way I will be able to manage sorting myself. Anyone know where I can buy a big cork :D

Honestly....men have it so easy !

Gerry
:)

wot fun hey, i had mine on op and now another and as you say cant move for flooding never known it this heavy in years but im 43 so hoped they were on way out as before op only had every 3-4 months.

wot joys
julie

Back