• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time of the month missing post op?

Mrs Noodles

Sorry gents but a question for the ladies, did your periods stop after surgery and did they go back to normal?

I'm 14 days late and wonder if its because of the small amount of food i'm eating? There is no other explanation incase your wondering :eek:

Not a clue Hun ..
Mine stopped over 7 years ago so it had better not appear again !

Thanks ladies, I know we're all different, my body is probably in shock at the lack of food lol x

Hmmm it appeared again, think it could be because I'm eating slightly more x

Mrs Noodles, I'm having my sleeve two weeks today with Professor Ammori at The Alex in Cheadle. I think you were the same as I took your advice and it was 2k cheaper than same op same surgeon at local Spire. Have you got any advice, tips, guidance about the procedures, hospital etc? Do I have to wear paper knickers? Why paper knickers bother me so much I don't know!!

Hahaha paper knickers rear their heads again Roflll !
I don't have to wear them , I wore my own .. But as an after thought , if I had had to wear them , I would have written messages on them for the surgeon ! He does place himself between your legs as he operates ! So a few cheeky messages might make his day !

Mrs Noodles, I'm having my sleeve two weeks today with Professor Ammori at The Alex in Cheadle. I think you were the same as I took your advice and it was 2k cheaper than same op same surgeon at local Spire. Have you got any advice, tips, guidance about the procedures, hospital etc? Do I have to wear paper knickers? Why paper knickers bother me so much I don't know!!

Hi Lynne,
I bet your excited now for your op as it's only 2 week away! The proff is great and I felt really at ease with him right from the start. Yes I had to wear the paper knickers but to be honest I've had surgery quite a few times and now never question them. I think it's also because they test your sleeve is sealed by spraying some dye in and it could stain your clothing. The Nurses on the warrd were very nice and you will have your own private room. Put a pillow in the car for the journey home to protect your tummy. I ended up staying 2 nights as I had a slight temperature and low sat levels but it was more of a precaution as I live 130 miles away from Cheadle. They will ask your to order something like beef or chicken broth to have after the op, personally I couldnt have faced it so I asked for a strawbery milkshake (as recommended by the lovely physio). Walk up and down the ward as soon as your comfortable to do so as this will help get the wind up and out! I was burping and had hiccups really bad. The first night you'll be attached to some electrical stockings that stop you from getting dvt, be warned they are a pain in the arse and will keep you awake most of the night but they are a necessary evil. Please keep in touch and let me know how you get on, any questions just fire away. Today i'm 6 weeks out and feel great x

Thank you so much Mrs N it makes me feel so much better to get some much needed background. It's so fantastic to hear how wonderful you feel 6 weeks out. I'll be going away 7 weeks after op so it gives me hope we will cope!!!

I'm sure you will be absolutely fine after 7 weeks as you'll have gone through the food stages and should be eating small portions of normal food. I had my B12 injection on Friday at 6 weeks which gives you a little pick up too. x

Sounds like the timing is good for our holiday (not an active one planned, plenty of reading and swimming!).

Are you getting B12 jabs as a matter of course or as a result of blood tests? My mum can't absorb B12 and this problem can be hereditary.

Right don't know much about sleeve and everyone different but with me I had a miss then a bleed for 10 days then another 5 days later for a similar time this happened 1-4 months after. My dr has since referred me to hospital as its been extreamly heavy and I've been washed out! She wanted things checked out. With all this going on they then told me gastric bypass patients have a mal absorbtion to mini pill and ineffective so I've had to come off this too.

Sounds like the timing is good for our holiday (not an active one planned, plenty of reading and swimming!).

Sounds just perfect, plenty of time to chill and some gentle exercise.

I'm having B12 injections as directed by my consulant and will probably remain on them for life. I imagine that you will probably be the same?x

Back