• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ladies monthly related..tmi question

emma&alex

as i keep banging on about, im due for my op tomorrow morning & ive just come on my period :sigh::sigh::sigh:

i know it'll sound a bit weird to ask, but how do i go about sanitary stuff during an op? will i be able to sort myself out & stuff after.

ive not had a period for about 3 months by the way, its probably come on because ive been dieting

ummmm maybe you could just put a tampon in right before you go down, as they put catheter in hey so you cant wear knick knacks........ or they might just say wear nothing and they just lie you on them sheets like they do after you ve had baby, i wouldnt worry tho hun anyways you ll be to busy pumping your way to kingdom come hahahahhaha xxx

ps the nurses will sort you out after hunni x

ive got a serious panic on about it haha
god, ive been rubbish today...one huge drama after the other

just tell the nurses hun. They will take care of things for the first 24 hours or so post op. A tampon is a no no I think.

I'm sure it won't be a problem but can understand why you are concerned.
I didn't have a catheter when I had my bypass as they like to get you up and about quickly and believe me with the amount of fluids they pump into you lots of loo trips are imminent. I came on a couple of days after my op and had no trouble sorting myself out.
Good Luck x

My period arrived 2 days post op by which time i was home... It was easy enough to cope with! Just let the nurses know and they'll sort you out! I mean you're going into theatre for an operation, they are used to seeing blood in there :)

Good luck btw xx

Hiya, I came on the day of my op :eek: but I just kept my knickers on and wore a pad, and they were still in place when I got back to the ward lol xxxxx

i was on too lol no "extra help" was needed or offered,

you keep knickers on anyway, just the bazookers what may flash a bit xx

lmao, i thought it was gonna be sod the liver watch out for the boobs :D:D:D

Interesting....seems different hospitals have different rules. I had my period on the day of my op and wore my pad and pants to the theatre where I had to take them off and when I woke up in recovery they were nowhere to be seen. I did have a towel in place though provided by the hospital. Don't worry about it. As people have said the nurses are used to these things

I didnt have a catheter after my op either and I wasn't due on, but hey ho when I got up for a wee that evening there it was on the sheets, nurses just passed me my bag with knickers and pads in and then they stripped the bed, i had no probs managing on my own

Back