• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So confused!!!!

nikki f

HI guys waiting for bypass and 2 months ago the dietician suggested I practise the pre op diet so I did and after 3 weeks lost a stone which in itself is a miracle but when I went bk to see dietician last week she told me to stop the liver shrinkage diet as they use that to loose bulk weight just b4 op. problem is my surgeons teams has advised me to loose at least 10 kg b4 my next ap with them otherwise they won't give me a surgery date but now I've stopped the diet I can already feel the lbs coming bk on. Don't know what to do got till 30th oct b4 I meet with surgeon again and just so confused about what to do!!!

the preop diet is not good to do for long term but on the plus side if you have coped with that for 3 weeks could you not go back on eating proper food but obviously much smaller portions as your stomach will be used to barely getting anything that should also kick start a bit of weight loss too. I know eating 3 meals a day helps me to loose weight its when i go off the proper food I get stuck well and good.

I also think if the surgeon sees you have made a real good effort it wont affect the decision.

plus you are almost at the target he has set you isnt 1 stone = 14lb = 7kg?

Back