• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Losing it again ?

RoseA

After worrying whether my weight loss would ever slow down (even the bariatric nurse at the support group said I'd lost rather a lot in a short space of time), it finally slowed in December. However, in the last 10 days I've lost 5 lbs !!! :eek: Now I know that I spent two days on liquids early last week to get myself back on track after over indulging (I thought) on holiday (although I still lost 2lbs over the fortnight)... Should I be worried ? I'm 8 months out, have only got another stone or so to reach my target and I expected to lose that gradually over the course of the next few months. Am I just being ungrateful ? Paranoid ? :confused:

My good friend lamornamiss has lost and is still losing quite quickly, a lot like yourself....

How is eating for you Rose? Do you manage a good varied diet or is food a struggle? Just trying to see if there's an obvious reason for your fantastic loss...

Looking marvellous by the way xx

My good friend lamornamiss has lost and is still losing quite quickly, a lot like yourself....

How is eating for you Rose? Do you manage a good varied diet or is food a struggle? Just trying to see if there's an obvious reason for your fantastic loss...

Looking marvellous by the way xx

Thanks Julie xx I have no problems and food is not usually a struggle. I think I have a good varied diet. I eat very small portions but I drink with every meal (not more than half a glass, but yes I know...!) I even seem to be losing my intolerance to sugar which is worrying as I need the threat of dumping to keep me on the straight and narrow. :eek: I've had an easy ride compared to many and know I shouldn't complain really !

I expect the 5lb will have a lot to do with the few days on liquids. Our bodies always lose a few lb of water at the start of any diet and I think that is what will have happened here.

I do believe that our bodies find their natural weight and whilst most of us are just happy to reach a healthy BMI, for some people their bodies have other ideas and they end up at the lower end of a healthy BMI.

Its natural to have concerns, but Id say dont worry just yet. If you were approaching BMI 21/22 and still losing rapidly Id be more worried.

You look absolutely fabulous Rose, enjoy the new you x x

dont complain yet rose - get to goal first, lol then complain, hehe x you do look amazing... like a diff person and at this rate that goal weight is just round the corner - well done! i hope to god my journey is similar to yours! xxx

I have to say that the body finding it's natural weight isn't true for everyone. I was told that up to 20% of bypassers end up with chronic malabsorption like me, and have to really work to stop losing weight. Early signs are losing the excess weight in a relatively short amount of time and not having stalls. Finding the balance of maintaining can be hard so if you think you are heading for problems like mine then start trying to maintain atleast 7lbs above your goal to give you some room to find the balance.

I am over 2 1/2 years post op and can easily lose 4-5lbs in a week by just eating healthily.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thats a very good point Shell, i've been watching your weight loss situation for a while has ive never had a stall and as you can see from my stats i've lost over 17st in 15 months, i've never dumped and can basically eat anything and even drink alcohol at w/ends Guinness etc though not a lot and i go to the gym 4 times a week BUT i am still losing weight and people are getting worried for me, my goal weight was around 17st which i was in my teens when i was athletically fit but has of this morning i'me 13st 12lbs.

Are you still in contact with a dietician? It might be time to talk to them about maintaining. It is really hard to balance, I often don't eat as much protein as I would like because I need to eat more carbs for the calories. Also I can eat a greater volume if carbs compared to protein. I try and find some middle ground like macaroni cheese or fish in a creamy sauce. Last night we had stuffed butternut squash with bacon, cream and mozzarella for protein. I drink with meals and graze all day. I have no problems tolerating fats so use full fat cheese and proper butter etc.

The best thing for me has been the ensure plus drinks I get on prescription. They have replaced protein shakes for me as they have 17g protein each but also 300cals and a good range of vits and minersals etc. They take the pressure off me with eating, and if I don't feel well they are a god send!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back