• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What a difference a week makes :)

BlondeMoment

Hi Guys

Well as you know 6 days ago i was so close (yet so far) from my bypass thanx to my liver not shrinking.:cry:

But that was last week and as i said on my last thread,i wasnt going to give in easy.

I called Mr Ackroyds secretary again today to ask if he would do the Intragastric Balloon as he mentioned last week and i was told
YESSSSSSSSSSS.(get in there):bliss:

She thinks i am booked in for the 16th Oct and i will get a letter soon,I could have cried what a result.

If i loose 5st which is possible in 6 months with the balloon then i will opt for the band next time instead of the bypass.

New week new outlook.

xxxx

Hi Di that is so cool I am really pleased for you......I would jump up and down but my tea might come back up lol.....you have been so strong and positive I wish I could take a leaf out of your book, you got knocked down and was up before anyone noticed.....((hug)) Linda x

Hi Di, thats fantastic news. you must be so happy and relieved. 16th october is not far off at all. well done on keeping positive and fighting for your balloon. keep us posted hun xx

Hiya ,

Thanx for your support again lol.

Linda just left a thread on your post :p,what do you mean u wish u could take a leaf out of my book,steady on, your ahead of me ,stalking the postie ;) hope he`s nice.
Seriously i had problems with my sleep apnea results i had to get my doctor to send the results to Mr Acroyds secretary as after weeks of ringing she still hadnt
got them.
Then i was told i did show signs of it but there was no point having the c-pac machine as they didnt think it would be of benefit,but i was pleased as you have to be on it for 3 months before you have the op,and i much like you wanted the op like yesterday.
Dont give in trying hun,you have the strength you really do,you will to get the results you want,just keep telling yourself that.
If i knew how to post my email i would,perhaps someone can advise me please.

xxx

Hi Di, gosh so if my tests come back positive for sleep apnea I would have to wait three months for the op???? Or does it depend on how severe? I need to have it to help my case with the PCT.....to post your email just type it in your post it changes over so people have to expose it and do the little type what you see in the box thingy.....not very up on the techinical term lol...Linda x

Linda , why do i feel i have just made it worse opps sorry ,i was told that if you have to have the c-pac machine you have to have it for 3 months prior to your operation,also for us in Sheffield you also had to go into hospital for the op,you couldnt go into the Thornbury Hosp(private)but has NHS funded beds as well.
But like i said i had sleep apnea but my score was low,8/30 i think on the questionaire you have to fill out,like on what scale would you fall to sleep whilst driving derrrr as if lol.
Each PCT is different,more questions to ask WHEN you see Dr New.

here goes for my email addy see if its works lol.please email me anytime i really dont mind.

Expose Email

wayhay it worked.

xxx

No Di you have not made it worse, I rated quite high on that, its not a problem to wait three months providing they have said yes first lol....I have your email address and here is mine... [email protected] also feel free to write any time, I am on and off this computor almost as much as I walk to and from the fridge. Everytime I sit down one of my cats the largest one wants to sit on the desk and blocks the screen, I wait until he is asleep elsewhere before I go back on and in seconds he is there wanting to see what I am doing.....ah....Linda x

Great news Di, and fabby that it's not a long wait.

Thanx for your email addy Hun,good job my cat doesnt want to see what i am doing,i wouldnt be able to type seeing as i use my laptop.lol

Keep smiling

xxx

i think on the questionaire you have to fill out,like on what scale would you fall to sleep whilst driving derrrr as if lol.

BM i had been concerned about my friend and her ability to sleep at the drop of a hat for some time. she kept brushing it off with every excuse under the sun. It was only when she was found to be a cause of a major RTA on the motorway because she had fell asleep within 10 mins of getting in the car that tests for sleep apnea were undertaken and she scored very high. she now has a cpac machine but lives with the daily knowledge that she ignored the signs and nearly killed someone.
so although it seems like a silly question it is relevent.
HC

There are two types of sleep apnea, one where the brain forgets to breath which sounds like the case of your friend HC, the other is the obstructive one which happens mostly at night, the reason you fall asleep during the day is due to so many broken nights sleep wearing you down and making you sleepy. Over weight people tend to have the obstructive one as the air way closes over at night which is the one I believe I have....hope this helps ..Linda x

Hiya Di that is great news glad you arent going to have to wait too long. 16th October will be here before you know it hope everything goes well for you this time. What time do you have to be there as it is the weightloss group that day at the Hallamshire I could call in on you and said hello!
Take Care xx

BM i had been concerned about my friend and her ability to sleep at the drop of a hat for some time. she kept brushing it off with every excuse under the sun. It was only when she was found to be a cause of a major RTA on the motorway because she had fell asleep within 10 mins of getting in the car that tests for sleep apnea were undertaken and she scored very high. she now has a cpac machine but lives with the daily knowledge that she ignored the signs and nearly killed someone.
so although it seems like a silly question it is relevent.
HC

HC,sorry if you found my comment offensive it seemt to be a silly question when i read it,as i personally would not be driving if i could fall asleep anywhere anytime and based it on that fact.But i am glad your friend got the help she needed.

My reasons for having the apnea test was that i have periods of stopping breathing for upto 30 seconds when i am asleep and again this is caused by the airways being blocked,people can wake up choking,but i dont,in fact i didnt know i did it,it is my other half that told me i do it.

Lesley it would be great to say hello,i havent got my letter yet confirming details but i will let you know,no worries.

Di that is brill news, have you def decided to do the band and not the bypass?

As for deciding on going for the band instead of the bypass, it will all depend on what weight loss i have with the balloon fingers crossed about 5/6st (always been a optimist me).

xxx

Last edited:
Back