• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

late night snacking

I'm probably going to get shot here hee hee! I eat 3 meals a day plus a morning snack, usually an afternoon snack and definately have supper. I need to eat regularly and when i ran this past my dietitician given my sucess she said it was working well for me! I also subsitute some snacks for milky coffees along the way! I do monitor my bread and pasta intake and watch the sugar and fat content. I'm a year out today and am def hungrier than i was before but still don't consume anywhere near what i ever did before xx

I couldnt cope without snacks in between my meals, i'm not able to eat massive dinners but I dont think they fill me for as long as they should which is why I need to snack! what do you snack on?

Why is toast a bad thing - depending on the type of bread it could be high in protein (Stephieack mention a linseed and ??? loaf which has lots of it)?

You're way ahead of the curve compared to me so I'm just wondering if bread is one of your 'trigger' foods and if so have you been avioding it since the op?

Hiya Poppycorn, Might sound like a daft question so forgive me:rolleyes: But what is a trigger food? xx

The bread that I use, recommended by my diabetic clinic, is a linseed bread called 'Burgen', one slice is enough and it costs around £1.25 from Asda.

It digests slowly and is filling... great for toasting too!

Hope this helps! It certainly has helped me and is good for the bowels too!

xxx

Hi Jaffa
I snack on low fat yogharts, cereal bars, snack a jacks, fruit and cup a soup or mini ryvitas. I also drink milky drinks some days instaed of having a snack. I know through trial and error i couldn't manage on 3 meals a day and if my pattern just now affects my weight then i'll know its time to review it x

Back