• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

LEAKING BAND

Carre

Its been sooo long since I have been on here!!

But its cause of a situation I really need your advise xx

Last september 2014 I came out of my AFTER CARE with THG and had one last fill.. 8.2 was my amount in my 10ml band.

I noticed straight away that it semed tight but thought it would go down? It didnt and 8 weeks later I had to go to the NUFFEILD as it was more local to me for a DE-FILL 0.2 out, since then I have put on weight and felt hungry. I then decided to book in for a fill to take me back upto the 8.2.. (assuming It may be a tad to tight if anything¬)

This time I feel like I have no restriction and I can eat everything even fresh sliced bread!!
I have gone back and the lady did a fluid check and it showed only 4.5ml in my band??? so 1.7ml missing/ I went back tonight and its now down to 3.5ml?

She said it will be a slow leak but an xray will need to be done. My only worry is that the de-fill has caused this ie a puncher ?? cause I was fine up till then, also he made me sit up and drink while injecting me ( never had that before)

Will you lovely people advise me - I paid for this myself and have no spare money at the mo, Thanks in advance for your help xxx

Hi, nice to see you back!

Hmm, fluid does move 'apparently' into the tube that connects to the port - but that doesn't account for much 'apparently'.

If the band has a leak then thats nothing to do with the fill or defill, as the needle goes into the port. The leak - if there is one is more likely to be the tube but there's only one way to tell.

If you are having no other problems then you might have to save until you can afford the xray as the NHS won't take you on unless there are other issues. I for instance have an epigastric hernia, reflux and oesophagitis, so I'm under the NHS for further treatment.

I hope you can get it sorted soon but if there is a leak, that's going to need further surgery :cry: x

Thank you, I will get saving I have the money for the xray, at east I will know what im dealing with... xx

Hi
Read Kurstys diary she is having the same problems a slow leak which they have said is her band
My friend had a leak where her tube came away from her port but she lost all the fluid as soon as it went in
Yours sounds a bit dif to both cos you have only just started with the problems I've had loads of probs myself luckily the nhs took me on but I too had reflux oesphagitis and have just had my band repositioned in January.
Good luck it is an expensive worry and a word of advice that someone gave me if they can't see anything on the X-ray ask can you move around a little another girl I know had to do this and only then could they see her band had come uncoupled xxx

Its been sooo long since I have been on here!! But its cause of a situation I really need your advise xx Last september 2014 I came out of my AFTER CARE with THG and had one last fill.. 8.2 was my amount in my 10ml band. I noticed straight away that it semed tight but thought it would go down? It didnt and 8 weeks later I had to go to the NUFFEILD as it was more local to me for a DE-FILL 0.2 out, since then I have put on weight and felt hungry. I then decided to book in for a fill to take me back upto the 8.2.. (assuming It may be a tad to tight if anything¬) This time I feel like I have no restriction and I can eat everything even fresh sliced bread!! I have gone back and the lady did a fluid check and it showed only 4.5ml in my band??? so 1.7ml missing/ I went back tonight and its now down to 3.5ml? She said it will be a slow leak but an xray will need to be done. My only worry is that the de-fill has caused this ie a puncher ?? cause I was fine up till then, also he made me sit up and drink while injecting me ( never had that before) Will you lovely people advise me - I paid for this myself and have no spare money at the mo, Thanks in advance for your help xxx
Hi Carrie I have a question as my after care runs out in July with the Hosp group and I'm a bit worried what to do does thg do packages where you can have certain amounts of fills of de fills a year thank you x

Its been sooo long since I have been on here!! But its cause of a situation I really need your advise xx Last september 2014 I came out of my AFTER CARE with THG and had one last fill.. 8.2 was my amount in my 10ml band. I noticed straight away that it semed tight but thought it would go down? It didnt and 8 weeks later I had to go to the NUFFEILD as it was more local to me for a DE-FILL 0.2 out, since then I have put on weight and felt hungry. I then decided to book in for a fill to take me back upto the 8.2.. (assuming It may be a tad to tight if anything¬) This time I feel like I have no restriction and I can eat everything even fresh sliced bread!! I have gone back and the lady did a fluid check and it showed only 4.5ml in my band??? so 1.7ml missing/ I went back tonight and its now down to 3.5ml? She said it will be a slow leak but an xray will need to be done. My only worry is that the de-fill has caused this ie a puncher ?? cause I was fine up till then, also he made me sit up and drink while injecting me ( never had that before) Will you lovely people advise me - I paid for this myself and have no spare money at the mo, Thanks in advance for your help xxx

I am afraid I am in the same situation as you at the moment. I was banded as s private patient in the Nuffield Glasgow in August last year and have been loosing my fill. I had the X-rays last week which showed no apparent leak - my band has to be replaced!!!!!! But I have a care package which will cover the cost. I have one last fill check just to make sure before any decisions are made

But.....most leaks are in the plumming or the port. You need to get these X-rays done. If it is the port etc it's an easy fix often done under local anaesthetic

Sorry to hear your having these problems love xxx

Hi All Thanks for your advise and replys..

Cheryl - I know when I had mine done it was only sold to me as a 2 year package? although after looking on the website they now do a 4 year. My advise would be to contact them and see. xx - Hope they do wish I had done something on these lines xx

Monalisa - Thank you for the advise, I will defiantly do that if nothing shows, this is why I love this site, Great reply's from people that are living and dealing with The Band xx

Kursty - I have been dealing with The Nuffield and Im booked in for an xray - £375, once I have the info I will plan a course of action as they will charge £3000 for a port replacement but THG charge £2000?? I will see xxxx

Hi All Thanks for your advise and replys.. Cheryl - I know when I had mine done it was only sold to me as a 2 year package? although after looking on the website they now do a 4 year. My advise would be to contact them and see. xx - Hope they do wish I had done something on these lines xx Monalisa - Thank you for the advise, I will defiantly do that if nothing shows, this is why I love this site, Great reply's from people that are living and dealing with The Band xx Kursty - I have been dealing with The Nuffield and Im booked in for an xray - £375, once I have the info I will plan a course of action as they will charge £3000 for a port replacement but THG charge £2000?? I will see xxxx
ok thank you I will give them a call x

I also had my band done with THG at Dolan Park. My band is leaking too but I am out of care package. I am waiting for a response form THG because I complained about the level of aftercare I had and the fact that the band is leaking. I am really disappointed with THG as I saved hard for the money and each time I went I said I felt no restriction in the band. (16ml) In fact I am disillusioned with THG and the way they have dealt with me.
What happened in the end to you - did you get it all sorted?

diane

I had my repair op two weeks ago. The replace the port and tubing. I won't know u till 19th August nether the op a success as they will measure my fill then

Back