• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Leaking like the Titanic..

chrisa

Well Scooter you are still fighting this fight and whilst winning is virtually impossible you are coping and managing any obstacle put in your way. One tough cookie. Through all this malarkey you have found love and contentment the last thing you dreamed of really whilst facing daily struggles. It has given you a new focus and a new lease of life even with all the struggles you have become you again facing your demons head on. Proud to know you as my CYBER FRIEND. xxx chin up keep trucking

scooter81

Walking Disaster Area
Hi all, hope everyones ok.

Wedding plans coming along nicely, only 40 weeks, 5 days and counting! Everything is sorted, just got to get there and I cant wait. But first things first, realling looking forward to Christmas :) Busy few weeks ahead with work, home life, hospitals and other things slotted in between.

Healthwise, things are blah! Op date cancelled, awaiting new date, doubt it will be this side of Christmas, but wish it would come sooner rather than later and get it out the way. Also filled with fear as to what will happen, will it be the same as before? will I be ok? Will it fix the problems? Will it make things better? Will it make things worse? Just the uncertainty of everything is driving me crazy.

Still at the hospital every other week. Very fed up of it, they must be fed up with me. Now being referred to other teams and hospitals to get things fixed.

It will be four years in February 2016 since this journey began, and still day to day living is a nightmare and a tiresome battle. I just want everything to draw to a close. Whilst Im living a part-happy-ever-after, I want the end game now. I want the full happy-ever-after that doesnt involve hospitals, doctors, nurses, tests, operations and countless medicines.

Maybe Ive been good enough this year to get my Christmas wish :) If not, Ill try do better next year !

Love to you all x x

HelenAngelfish

Lovely to see an update from you.

I often wonder how you are xx

I'm hopeful you're wish shall come true xxx

scooter81

Walking Disaster Area
20 weeks to the wedding, and counting :)

Wedding Dress arrived and fits like a glove. Flower girls look cute and adorable in their dressed, even the grumpy one. Page boys look handsome and I cant wish the time away quick enough.

Still waiting for an op date, not yet given. So Im taking it no news is good news. Lets hope it stays that way

Mrs Noodles

20 weeks to the wedding, and counting :)

Wedding Dress arrived and fits like a glove. Flower girls look cute and adorable in their dressed, even the grumpy one. Page boys look handsome and I cant wish the time away quick enough.

Still waiting for an op date, not yet given. So Im taking it no news is good news. Lets hope it stays that way

I can't wait to see the pictures of you in your wedding dress, 20 weeks.that will be hear before you know it. x

Lisa876

Wow! What a journey to tell of! Really good to see that despite everything you're still so optimistic and the progress that you've made is simply phenomenal. You're truly an inspiration. Best of luck with your wedding, any further surgeries, and just life in general.

HelenAngelfish

What a journey!!!

I wish you all the best with everything xx

Send us some wedding photos xx

Monalisa

Ive just sat and read your diary your journey is so emotional and inspiring. I am just over 2 months band to sleeve post op and I certainly never considered what a big risk I was taking and thought I'd been dealt a bad hand been feeling pretty down alone etc your story has made me sit up and think how lucky I really am. You are truly incredible and deserve your happiness. You say you are still waiting for an op is that for the pacemaker ? is your sleeve all finally ok now? Xx

Hannah2

Wow, what a diary. so sorry that you have had so many issues to deal with, I really hope that things improve for you now, that you receive the surgery that you are waiting for, but more importantly I hope you have a lovely wedding and enjoy the day!

scooter81

Walking Disaster Area
2 days to go to the biggest day of my life. a day I never thought I'd see. Dress fits perfectly,no alterations needed.

My bingo wings have shrank a fair bit thanks to gym, swimming and practice dancing with nieces and nephews or cutting shapes or whatever it was they said. I'll upload a pic when possible.

Health wise still a bit blargh but this is as good as it gets i guess and I'll take it. New treatment working ATM so avoiding ops but for now content to be living, loved and starting a new chapter in life x x

scooter81

Walking Disaster Area
2 days to go to the biggest day of my life. a day I never thought I'd see. Dress fits perfectly,no alterations needed.

My bingo wings have shrank a fair bit thanks to gym, swimming and practice dancing with nieces and nephews or cutting shapes or whatever it was they said. I'll upload a pic when possible.

Health wise still a bit blargh but this is as good as it gets i guess and I'll take it. New treatment working ATM so avoiding ops but for now content to be living, loved and starting a new chapter in life x x

FeeBee

You look gorgeous :)

scooter81

Walking Disaster Area
It's been a loooong time but 11 years since this all happened I wanted to drop by say hi, still alive and living the dream.

I'm a firm believer in fate, destiny and everything happens for a reason. Since my last update the world has been flipped again and I'm now the proud wife of a loving husband and we are parents to a little tornado 2 year old- AJ. He is perfect in every way, and had any of this not have happened I honestly believe I would never ever have made it to today, and I certainly wouldn't be in my happy ever after with my hubby and son.

I've regained around 3 stone over the last 3 years - failure,? I dunno.. but I'm happy, content and working to get back on target and loving the life I live.

Today's a bittersweet day- the day it all kicked off, but the day that made me a fighter, and realise what is important. I've had a cry, Ive had a laugh and even though things are still raw - I see Facebook memories and see something new - there ain't nothing in this world that can make me feel the way I did living this nightmare, ain't nothing can hurt me this much and "dying to live" gave me the strength to become the person I am today. I'm determined that my son will never ever have to go through this as I did.

I have a whole new bunch of medical issues as by-products but I have the full appreciation for those lives who touched mine on this same journey and thankful that I am still here when many others arent.

I hope you and yours are well, and remember - everyone's happy ever after is out there, sometimes it take some time to get there and I've now truly gotten mine.