• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Left side uncomfortable

pooh71

I'm 3 weeks out today from my sleeve op, and generally doing okay apart from being tired. The one thing that is really niggling is my left hand side is hurting quite a bit. I've been putting it down to the area where my tummy was cut, but it's not going away, and almost feels like a permanently pulled or strained muscle. Anyone else felt like this? It's only certain movements I make where I get the really uncomfortable feeling, but I really do feel it when it happens. I suppose it could still be trying to heal as it's still very early days!

I had it for the 1st 2 weeks post-op but then it vanished. Sadly I then ended up with chronic nausea lol, but it's starting to go.

Thanks embrace. I just wanted to check it wasn't just me! Oooo chronic nausea doesn't sound nice :( hope you're doing well x

I'm fine, I used to have some weird reactions to food prior to the surgery (prob why I tended to stick to doritos and dips lol) and it's just working out now what my body likes, but am not quite 3 weeks out so it's a slow, steady learning curve :)

Are you still on purée stage? I've got another week left of it then soft stage. I think once we're onto foods proper things will improve hopefully. I can't wait to eat eggs! Mmmm Doritos and dips..... Head hunger! Nooooo lol!

It might just be internal stitches pulling. Mine took months to go x

You shouldn't be doing much for 6 weeks so take it easy. It's major surgery you know!

I know, that's what hubby keeps saying. I'm lucky I work from home, so at least I can lie down when I feel like it during the day. I might have to stop doing things like emptying the dishwasher etc for now!

Well take it easy for a few days and see if it makes a difference.

Hi, although u feel ok u have to remember that the wounds heal from the top quicker than underneath the skin so even though u think its healed, it may not be due to the depth of the wound :) just be careful n not try anything too strenuous ... Good luck x

Pooh71 can i ask how you got on with the balloon? and sorry to question you, what weight were you when you had the balloon then the sleeve? are you getting on ok? x x

Oooch. I had the same until about 4-5 weeks post op and things like emptying the dishwasher were a big no, no for me for 5-6 weeks post op and it's only been this last week or so that I can move around in bed freely without the odd "ow" moment. I know lots of people say that the op didn't hurt and they had no pain post op but I can't honestly see how you can have such surgery without pain and discomfort! It does pass so don't worry. Re soft food...............that's a very exciting time and you will ever believe how much you can enjoy a nicely seasoned soft scrambled egg.............mmmmmmm. It's also easier to not feel nauseas with food presented as it should be rather than whizzed up. Good luck ladies. Sound like I'm only a few weeks ahead of you so it's good to see some people around on here who have had the same op and fairly recently too. x

The left side is where they pull the stomach out, so it will be more sore than the other cuts, hope you're better soon :) xxx

from me phone :D

Pooh71 can i ask how you got on with the balloon? and sorry to question you, what weight were you when you had the balloon then the sleeve? are you getting on ok? x x

Hi there, I didn't! Lol I had it in for six months. Was really sick for a month. Lost two stone in first three months, and then I had no restriction so was eating normally. I didn't put any more weight on when I had the balloon in, only when it was taken out I put that two stone back on quite quickly so was back to my original weight! Now got the sleeve and its coming off again. It won't go back on this time x

Last edited:
Oooch. I had the same until about 4-5 weeks post op and things like emptying the dishwasher were a big no, no for me for 5-6 weeks post op and it's only been this last week or so that I can move around in bed freely without the odd "ow" moment. I know lots of people say that the op didn't hurt and they had no pain post op but I can't honestly see how you can have such surgery without pain and discomfort! It does pass so don't worry. Re soft food...............that's a very exciting time and you will ever believe how much you can enjoy a nicely seasoned soft scrambled egg.............mmmmmmm. It's also easier to not feel nauseas with food presented as it should be rather than whizzed up. Good luck ladies. Sound like I'm only a few weeks ahead of you so it's good to see some people around on here who have had the same op and fairly recently too. x

Good to hear JoJo, thanks. Nice to know I'm not the only one! Hopefully it'll pass soon. My hubby says I'm very naughty but I can't help myself doing things!
Can't wait for soft stage...only one more week :) scrambled eggs and smoked salmon will be my first soft meal. Yes, I'm pleased there's people here at similar stages, it really helps! Good luck and thanks again x

The left side is where they pull the stomach out, so it will be more sore than the other cuts, hope you're better soon :) xxx

from me phone :D

Thanks Caren. Felt a bit better today as I sat at my desk working rather than doing things round the house! Also taken some more painkillers which I'd been trying to wean myself off. But now realised I still need them! Xx

I had muscle spasms fur about a week after my sleeve. I was given some medication for it and was told no lifting stretching pulling for about one month acre surgery. Then when pain subsided i could increase activities. So take it easy for about six weeks and let it heal.

Back