• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rear rib pain...

Geordie lass

Anyone experienced rear rib pain on the left side? I am 23 days post op and about 9 days ago started to get pain on my left side rear ribs. It's like a constant ache. I've not had any post op follow up from THG, nor have I heard from them to advise on what exactly their post op after care consists of. I feel like I have paid my money and they have forgotten about me! I was doing really well for the two weeks immediately after surgery, but having rib pain and it is really getting me down!! Any advice would be much appreciated. Many thanks, M x

Hi Geordie Lass,

Sorry to hear about your pain, could you call your provider or pop to the GP? Just to be on the safe side? One of my incisions had a big lump under it and from Google I was convinced it was an abscess but my doctor reassured me it was just scar tissue and would go away. Better to be safe than sorry xx

i would call the provider though 23 days is probably too soon for follow up im sure they would be happy just to check and reassure you

Thanks for your replies. I saw my nurse on Friday and she referred me to the GP there and then as she was concerned about the rib pain. Well, what a waste of time the GP was. I waited 1.5hours before she called me in and then didn't really say much about the rib pain at all. She basically went on about the lack of calories I am eating and that was that. I am seriously considering putting in a complaint against the practice as I was so disappointed with the whole experience and their lack of patient care, especially keeping me waiting for all that time when I was really feeling very unwell. I still have the rib pain although it has eased slightly. It's really bad in the morning when I've been lying down all night, then it eases off throughout the day. I might just go to the walk in centre to get checked out properly. Thanks again. M x

Back