• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lesson learnt

anna2131

Hiya well I learnt the hard way tonight ,I tried this evening some melon only couple little bits and was lovely I'm nearly 4 weeks post op and have stuck to my dietary advise all the way !! Well I have to take quiet a few tabs for my thyroid disease so usually have babybel light at same time ,omg like a donut I forgot I had the melon earlier and threw the babybel up!! Lesson learnt iv just discovered I have restriction and don't do it again !!! Iv been so careful and just takes one slip up!! :brainfart:

ooops carefully does it!! hope you're ok now :) xxx

oops easy to do hun xxx

Hope ur feeling better

It will happen quite a bit in the first few weeks or even months till you learn to eat slow and chew well!Its not that restriction had kicked in,as melon is mostly water so would of gone thru ok,you probably chomped on the cheese too quick!

Im 12 months out on the 21st and dumped big time on Friday,ate a little cake from M+S and dont remember going to my bedroom,getting on the bed,kicking off my boots or the dogs joining me!
You drain of colour,feel disconnected from reality then pass in and out of consiousness!Not nice at all.
Its the rush of insulin and something hyper happening to your pancreas(sp).Be aware it can bite you on the bum at any time!

Big hugs hun... ooh and hugs to you too big and bouncy... both i dont want to experience. But as said it can be easily done when you take your eyes off the ball xx

Since week 5 ive been on soft foods and i am until week 12.. im week 10 now... but i have done a diary... each page is dedicated to the day and i write down exactly what i eat... if i try something new then i put a tick next to it... on the following page i have notes for that day... so therefore if i have something which disagrees with me... so far ive been lucky and been ok... then i can write that down and refer to it at a later date if im going to try it again.. i also log my fluids aswell. x

You have to be careful with the high natural sugar content (Fructose) in some fruit first time you try it

What fruits would you recommend we start with Karlos? Eg which ones did you find easier to manage initially?

Berries are the lowest in sugars with Peaches and nectarines next, melons are mid table so should be ok if you don't over do it at first. I like pineapples bananas and mangos but these are high in fruit sugar. Strangely dried fruit are the highest in sugar content

You have to be careful with the high natural sugar content (Fructose) in some fruit first time you try it

Berries are the lowest in sugars with Peaches and nectarines next, melons are mid table so should be ok if you don't over do it at first. I like pineapples bananas and mangos but these are high in fruit sugar. Strangely dried fruit are the highest in sugar content

Il go wiv those fruits next time then it's all a learning curve!!

Thx I knew grapes was high in sugar it was my dietician who suggested melon grrr oh well il try something else!!

I used to eat 12 grapes every day and found them OK, but melon did affect me if I ate too much in one go. It's like everything else first time you try something try a small amount and see how you go

I tried a really ripe pear last week, it went down a treat

Back