• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Caught short in the Arndale in Manchester

maxsmum

Not sure if this is payback for having such a laugh at previous post about people having 'accidents' in their pants :eek:, but in Manchester yesterday I played a blinder !! Never experienced dumping at all before, but to be honest I haven't eaten anything that may cause it before. So in centre of Arndale with hundreds of other people I decide in my wisdom to get a potato from Spud u like with cheese and beans. Upon eating it I got carried away with talking to my daughter rather than concentrating on my food and a. ate all the cheese and b. shovelled it in like there was no tomorrow. Felt full quite quick (no surprise there), and after about ten minutes whilst walking through Marks and Spencers I began to feel VERY hot and sweaty. Daughter came with me to the loos as I felt I was ice skating uphill, where I found a very long queue of what seemed at the time to be VERY VERY slow women. This was no time to queue, so I tried the mens loo but was informed on entering by a man having a wee that I was in the wrong place, so did an about turn which was no mean feat as I was tip toeing with my thighs clamped together. Second plan of action, tried disabled toilet door which opened quickly and was empty which was a huge relief until an older lady pointed out there was a queue and I wasn't disabled, my daughter replied without a second passing 'That's as much as you know'. I gave her a smile and pretended not to hear her as time was of the essence, I went straight in and managed to sort myself out and placed my very hot head on the very cold tiles on loo wall. :sigh:
After a while I decided I could risk getting up and leaving but felt a bit paranoid for using disabled loo so decided it would be for the best if I limped on leaving ?? (even sounds daft to me now, must be the years of being brought up Catholic LOL) so I at least looked like I wasn't just queue jumping. Had to keep it up all the way out of M&S with daughter nudging me to stop being so embarrassing. Have learnt a lesson in being complacent with my eating, and have still got wind like pain in right side which wont go.
On a lighter note the shopping was alot cheaper than I expected it to be as we'd only been round Afflecks Palace and Primark before lunch so hubby was quite pleased. Will have to watch him next time I'm out so he doesn't slip me something fatty or sweet to make me go home and save him money. :8855:

lol Sally
i have only dumped twice but in the comfort of my own home, and after both times, i basically collapsed on the bed and slept for hours i felt so horrendous.
I really worry about eating when i am out and about as i drive most places and am scared of being ill and not being in a fit condition to drive. But what worried me most, is that you dumped on stuff that you have never dumped on before, now that is scary! Up to now i have only dumped on high sugar, cheese and anything fried hasnt effected me, but now i am worried!
Hope you are feeling better hun xxx

Sally......Oh my word, I'm laughing so hard I'm nearly wetting myself! :8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

Oh, I wish I'd seen you limping!

By the way, I'm registered disabled (M.E.) but I don't look it...and often get funny looks when I use a disabled loo or indeed my Blue Badge!

BUT as I say to anyone brave (or stupid!) enough to comment: there is such a thing as a hidden disability!
and I suspect dumping is a very good reason for using the loo! I also have IBS and I know you can get little cards to flash if there's a long queue and you're panicking. Maybe we bypassers should have the same?

Or even a blue light flashing with warning siren: dump imminent, dump imminent!

Or even a blue light flashing with warning siren: dump imminent, dump imminent!

:eek::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

lol Sally
i have only dumped twice but in the comfort of my own home, and after both times, i basically collapsed on the bed and slept for hours i felt so horrendous.
I really worry about eating when i am out and about as i drive most places and am scared of being ill and not being in a fit condition to drive. But what worried me most, is that you dumped on stuff that you have never dumped on before, now that is scary! Up to now i have only dumped on high sugar, cheese and anything fried hasnt effected me, but now i am worried!
Hope you are feeling better hun xxx

Mona, I dumped twice because I ate or drank too fast! I don't think it's what's in the food drink then necessarily, it's just the excessive speed of intake.
As someone always late and in a hurry, I'm having to learn that food and drink will NO LONGER be hurried! I either have to resign myself to being late, or get better organised! :D

I would have snapped back with something like "well I can either throw up, **** myself and then pass out stood here or in the privacy of that toilet love, want to get my **** on your shoes?!!!" to shut the nosey cow up!!! lol Yes ok you didnt do any of those things but you could have and it as none of her business!
Im glad it wasnt TOO bad xx
I dumped mildly yesterday and hated it, cut hubby a piece of chocolate fudge cake (he craved it) and didnt notice that a bit of the chocolate had gotten under my nail (long nails) and about ten minutes later I was licking a bit of melon juice off of my fingers and it tastes too sweet, so I looked at my hand to see the chocolate under my nail...ohhhhhh crap I thought, but expected nothing to come of it, about three minutes later a wave of intense nausea washed over me and I went all hot and confused and dizzy, luckily I was sat on my sofa at home so I was ok. It didnt take hold fully though and eased off, though ten minutes later I was in the kitchen with my husband and still felt shakey and off colour...all over a TINY slither of chocolate under my nail!!! So dumping isnt something to take too lightly, if you feel it coming on and you need to skip a queue you do so, Im sure they would feel a lot worse if they were having to pick you up off of the floor whilst trying not to step in your vomit/poop!!!
Steph xx

Thanks Steph, managed to get the poop in the loo, (best poo I've had in ages tbh :D), but feel so glad I got there in time !! Not sure what I would have done if I missed the loo though, I think pretending to be unconscious until in the ambulance would have been my best option :8855:

Mona, I dumped twice because I ate or drank too fast! I don't think it's what's in the food drink then necessarily, it's just the excessive speed of intake.
As someone always late and in a hurry, I'm having to learn that food and drink will NO LONGER be hurried! I either have to resign myself to being late, or get better organised! :D
Blimey Charis
you learn something new every day! I thought it was basically what you are eating, not the speed you are eating it, so if i eat a family size bar of dairy milk slowly i might be ok:D:D:D:D
(i darent touch chocolate ever ever again!)

Back