• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Let myself down

Sophie 124

I am 4 weeks post op on Sunday so should be still on soft foods but I just had a piece of sponge cake! I feel so ashamed as I convinced myself it would be okay as it's soft! I know it's not okay and boy am I paying for it now! My insides feel so uncomfortable. I don't know if I need to be sick or sit on the toilet or burp a lot or what! (sorry for info).
I just feel like I'm letting myself down over and over again!
I had some dream that i'd wake up from the op and do everything perfectly, make all the right food choices and lose loads of weight but at the rate I'm going, it's all going to be for nothing!
My stomach feels so full and horrible and bloated now! I'm lying in bed trying to get comfortable but feel so bad physically and mentally!!!!

I am 4 weeks post op on Sunday so should be still on soft foods but I just had a piece of sponge cake! I feel so ashamed as I convinced myself it would be okay as it's soft! I know it's not okay and boy am I paying for it now! My insides feel so uncomfortable. I don't know if I need to be sick or sit on the toilet or burp a lot or what! (sorry for info).
I had some dream that i'd wake up from the op and do everything perfectly, make all the right food choices and lose loads of weight but at the rate I'm going, it's all going to be for nothing!
My stomach feels so full and horrible and bloated now! I'm lying in bed trying to get comfortable but feel so bad physically and mentally!!!!

Tomorrows another day, honey ... hope your discomfort goes away soon, should go in about an hour but walking around will help more than lying down.
You only had your body operated on & it was your head that made you eat the cake, lol. It is only a tool to help us & I am guessing you may have learnt a valuable lesson tonight :) It is a lifelong commitment & you will make mistakes but so will we all. Pick yourself up & start again in the morning :) xx

try sipping some water, we are told not to drink as it flushes food out of the pouch, but is sounds like thats what you need to do. Don't beat yourself up. It's a lesson that you have now learned. xxx

try sipping some water, we are told not to drink as it flushes food out of the pouch, but is sounds like thats what you need to do. Don't beat yourself up. It's a lesson that you have now learned. xxx

It may make the cake swell up, though Marie, & make matters worse :( I was told not to do this but as we get such conflicting info, maybe you are right :) x

Well as Sophie has had a band, sipping may indeed help!

Sophie, I would advise you to walk around, take a shower or a bath - anything to take your mind off it. Worrying will make you feel worse so I hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks for all the above advice.
I really want to make this journey work for me but need to get my head in the right place.
I keep saying to my bofriend 'why do I do it to myself, what's wrong with me' he said I'm like it with everything- I wanted a new table, so I bought one straight away. I wanted a new mattress, so I bought one in the first shop I went in. I wanted a piece of cake, SO I ATE IT!!!! And only think of the consequences after.
Have you girls got any tips on how to get in the right frame of mind? .... I think tonight has taught me a lesson though and I will think twice before having cake again... And I haven't even got any restriction yet- I wonder if this is how it feels? Xx

Well as Sophie has had a band, sipping may indeed help!

Sophie, I would advise you to walk around, take a shower or a bath - anything to take your mind off it. Worrying will make you feel worse so I hope you feel better soon xx

We did not know Sophie HAD had a band ... it is not in her profile or her post & people sometimes post in the wrong forum :( May have to avoid giving advise just on the off chance I may not be helping but in fact hindering :(

Denise, the thread is in the banders section. If you are opening the threads from the unread posts, the right hand column shows which section the thread is posted in.

Your right though people do post in the wrong sections and we do all get differing advice. Drinking could help or hinder we can only guess, oh well - keep smiling hun x

TwinkleTwinkle said:
We did not know Sophie HAD had a band ... it is not in her profile or her post & people sometimes post in the wrong forum :( May have to avoid giving advise just on the off chance I may not be helping but in fact hindering :(

I just appreciate people trying to help by replying to me :)
I haven't been able to set up a profile as I'm doing this on my phone and it says access denied. I also had my laptop stolen a few weeks ago so just stuck with my phone. Xx

I just appreciate people trying to help by replying to me :)
I haven't been able to set up a profile as I'm doing this on my phone and it says access denied. I also had my laptop stolen a few weeks ago so just stuck with my phone. Xx

Oh no Sophie, sorry to hear that :eek:

I have only really browsed on my phone so Im not sure what functionality there is :confused:

What phone do you have, I can have a look of the tech section for you if you want x

Hope you're feeling better hun.... I think ultimately you will learn the hard way with this if you're that impulsive....it May just be a couple times of having discomfort will hopefully deter you from breaking the rules again!i know it's hard hun but could you not buy some healthier food in so if the urge hits you, you don't have cakes etc in?!Xx

Sophie 124 said:

Hun, sorry I didn't reply to your text last night...will text you in a bit cos you might still be sleeping xxx

Phew, I feel fine today! It's a new day and I'm going to be extra good and stay possitive! Thanks to everyone for their comments yesterday. Xx

Mazza said:
Oh no Sophie, sorry to hear that :eek:

I have only really browsed on my phone so Im not sure what functionality there is :confused:

What phone do you have, I can have a look of the tech section for you if you want x

Hi Mazza, I'm using an iPhone... There's an option on the bottom saying 'profile' but if I tsp it is says 'access denied'... Is it not the case that I have to leave 50 posts before I can get access to other things or should I be able to set my profile straight away? Xx

I am soooo guilty of not realising that this is in the banders section.
I always read unread posts and never look on the right hand side of the screen :rolleyes:

Don't feel bad Twink we are not the only ones who have done it.
And sometimes any advise rather than none is better

I am soooo guilty of not realising that this is in the banders section.
I always read unread posts and never look on the right hand side of the screen :rolleyes:

Don't feel bad Twink we are not the only ones who have done it.
And sometimes any advise rather than none is better

Thanks Wendy :) Did feel bad when I had only been trying to make Sophie feel better. Felt like I had been sent to the headteacher, lol. Won't be doing that again. At least Sophie is better today so good end result xx :)

Phew, I feel fine today! It's a new day and I'm going to be extra good and stay possitive! Thanks to everyone for their comments yesterday. Xx

Glad you are feeling better today, Sophie :) Hope you get your phone/laptop sorted. :)
Step away from the cake, lol :eek::eek: xxx

Hi Twinkle, remember as I said yesterday- I appreciate everyones comments. They are all welcome as far as I'm concerned! Although I've had a band I'm sure there are still loads of things we can help each other with.
I tried going to the full website on my phone and have put a few details in- can you see them? Not sure if it worked. But theres other things which say I need 50 posts to access.... I'm sure I'm not far off now so will update when I can.
Feeling really possitive today- perhaps I needed that horrible feeling yesterday to stop me ever being bad again! Lol xx

Sophie. My journey hasn't been down the private route, it's been on the NHS. I've attended a weight management course, offered cognitive behaviour therapy and counselling.
I'm not sure what your private provider has offered but I know my head is in the right place before surgery thanks to the 2 years of attending appointments with various healthcare professionals.
You could try your GP to see if cognitive behaviour therapy is a possibility as I'm aware a few members of this forum have attended and found it very positive too.
If I hadn't investigated why I make the wrong choices and why I overeat then all of the surgery in the world won't stop my behaviour!!
xx

Hi Twinkle, remember as I said yesterday- I appreciate everyones comments. They are all welcome as far as I'm concerned! Although I've had a band I'm sure there are still loads of things we can help each other with.
I tried going to the full website on my phone and have put a few details in- can you see them? Not sure if it worked. But theres other things which say I need 50 posts to access.... I'm sure I'm not far off now so will update when I can.
Feeling really possitive today- perhaps I needed that horrible feeling yesterday to stop me ever being bad again! Lol xx

Yes Sophie, your stats have come up now. :) Just play the word association games in the chit chat forum to get your posts up, but you have 50 now so should be able to do more. Maybe what you went through last night will do more for you than just being given advise as I am sure you would not want to go through it again ... good luck, chick xxx :)

Back