• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Let myself down

Thanks Louise, I'll bare that in mind. It's hard trying to break the old routines but I'm possitive I'll get there. It all happened within a matter of weeks from when I went for my consultation - they wanted to book my op straight away!
Ooh Twinkle - yay I have got more access now! Xx

Thanks Louise, I'll bare that in mind. It's hard trying to break the old routines but I'm possitive I'll get there. It all happened within a matter of weeks from when I went for my consultation - they wanted to book my op straight away!
Ooh Twinkle - yay I have got more access now! Xx

Yep, can see you now .. pretty girl xxx :)

i always look in unread section too :)

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Thanks Wendy :) Did feel bad when I had only been trying to make Sophie feel better. Felt like I had been sent to the headteacher, lol. Won't be doing that again. At least Sophie is better today so good end result xx :)

Twinkle, don't take any notice...like Sophie said any advice is helpful x

Thanks Wendy :) Did feel bad when I had only been trying to make Sophie feel better. Felt like I had been sent to the headteacher, lol. Won't be doing that again. At least Sophie is better today so good end result xx :)

Why did you feel bad :confused:

I only pointed out that the thread is in the band section and that Sophie is a bander.

I certainly didnt single out anything you said, so Im the head teacher you refer to? If so, well thanks!

As a moderator and along with the others on the team, I put a lot of my personal time into helping to make this site what it is. As a bander though I feel its important that people can access specific advice for their surgery type. None of which is a substitute for medical advice.

Oh well, thanks again and to you too patricia2612! Im starting to feel it really isnt worth it.

One thing this forum is great at is advice, i varies up and down the country from surgeon to surgeon let alone hospital to hospital. Likewise for different prcedures no one said non banders shouldn't post here or that they should give advice here. All that was said was that as a bander sipping does help with a blockage.

Mazza your advice as a long term bander is so valued and many newbies would be lost without it. There are cases when banders tips work for bypassers and vice versa. What every procedure you have they do have certain things in common:

1)We need support from everyone on here as otherwise its a very lonely Journey .
2)It's a very step learning curve and just knowing tha someone else has done the same as you (regardless of procedure) helps you to think you're no a failure.
3) Old habits are hard to break and that we are never a failure as long as we recognise what we have done/are slipping back into and get help to stop it.

Please lets get back to supporting each other not nit picking wih each other.

Woah! Please, I don't want anyone to feel bad or that their advice doesn't help because it does!
Mazza, I've only just hit 50 posts so it wasn't displayed until today that I had a band so that's why others didn't know I guess.
All everyone is trying to do is be helpful, which I appreciate so please keep it going for me and everyone else just wanting friendly advice on this site.
Peace and love. Xx

Hey Sophie!

Speaking as someone who has lost over 15 stone (with 12 stone of that since January last year) i can tell you that the battle (and weight loss is a battle) is won in the head.

I've been losing weight consistently, and often quite quickly, since the beginning of last year but i would say it is only really in the last couple of months i've got myself in a place where i can refuse a packet of sweets or a piece of cake etc.

It might seem difficult just now but in the future you'll look back and wonder why you found it so difficult. You'll get there, just don't be too hard on yourself in the interim.

Sophie, yes!!!
a new day always there is .....a tomorrow to made it up. Keep focus babe, we are in the same boat.xxx

Thanks guys!
I have been REALLY good today and feel like I've made up for yesterday now.
I also made up some SF jelly and got some low fat custard and low fat rice pudding in so if I feel the need to reach for something sweet at least I can make a better choice.
But today I've had:
B; glass of juice
L: 1 scrambled egg (no oil) 1/3 can of beans, mushrooms
D: few pieces of wafer thin ham and a LF cheese triangle.
Hopefully I have redeemed myself. Lol xx

Sophie 124 said:
Thanks guys!
I have been REALLY good today and feel like I've made up for yesterday now.
I also made up some SF jelly and got some low fat custard and low fat rice pudding in so if I feel the need to reach for something sweet at least I can make a better choice.
But today I've had:
B; glass of juice
L: 1 scrambled egg (no oil) 1/3 can of beans, mushrooms
D: few pieces of wafer thin ham and a LF cheese triangle.
Hopefully I have redeemed myself. Lol xx

Well done Sophie, keep it up hun. I'll let you know about my second weigh in today. Not looking forward to it :-(

ok so I have a stupid question to ask (my dear OH tells me I am only allowed one a day!) So there it is: for banders they are saying to avoid rice so where do we stand with rice puddings like muller light low fat rice puddings???

miserable said:
ok so I have a stupid question to ask (my dear OH tells me I am only allowed one a day!) So there it is: for banders they are saying to avoid rice so where do we stand with rice puddings like muller light low fat rice puddings???

Although were not allowed rice, the nutritionist told me I can have rice pudding definately! I made sure I asked her and she said it was no problem. Hope that helps x

Hi Ladies

I don't think any questions are stupid. The silly thing is there is no simple answer as our providers seem to say different things. With my provider they don't say to avoid rice (once you have got though the first three months of the op). Pasta again is acceptable according to my provider, when other providers say to avoid it. They do say however that people may struggle with them as they swell - so I eat just a couple of spoonfuls on the odd occasion and that is fine for me personally. I try to enjoy all variety of food, but in moderation, so as not to push the band. My provider also stitches the band in, to try to avoid of the slippage some banders may potentially experience.

Best to speak to your dietician/provider about what they would recommend for you personally ....don't want you to invalidate any aftercare package you may have by going outside their guidelines.

Although were not allowed rice, the nutritionist told me I can have rice pudding definately! I made sure I asked her and she said it was no problem. Hope that helps x

Maybe that is because its soaked up all the milk so is as swollen as it can be already?? Think I may go and buy some ... all this talk has made me hungry :)

Thanks Flutterby. Although we did not have the same surgeon we have the same provider so thank you for your answer.

Back