• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Letter to the loved ones.

wombat

Hi everybody :)

I have my surgery date for the 21st of July. I can't wait now, really.

What I wanted to ask is how many of you wrote any letters to your family "just in case".

Why I am asking it is because i have two boys, 2.5 years and 7 months (on this moment) and I am scared that if something will happen they won't have anyhting from me.

I am thinking about writing each of them a letter and also a letter to my husband and my mum.

Did anybody do this? I know I shouldn't be thinking things like that and I know that with my relatively low BMI (well, low for bypass, not low as in "low") I should be just fine, but...

I did them. I'm quite a practical person so i wanted to leave instructions. Partly because when my mam was dying she refused to discuss anything which left us wondering what she would have wanted after she passed away, so i didn't want my family faced with the same dilemma.
I left instructions and practical information about finances etc and then i also wrote individual letters to each of my loved ones.
It was a very emotional process and i cried the whole way through but i felt much calmer once it was done.
Some people think its morbid, but its not because i was convinced i was going to die. On the contrary i'm quite an optimistic person by nature, but i just like to be prepared lol !!
Just found them the other day when i was tidying out some drawers, must remember to shred them as they were a bit mushy !!

yes i did this i wrote to my family and my closest friends, also sed things i wish i had the couarage to say in conversation lol.

I havent written anything but I have told my closest friends and family that if anything goes wrong I am doing what I really wanted.

Not having any young children it is easier for me. Anyway nothing is going to happen to me.:)

You can tell them it isnt as hard as you think.

As Allie said it really is a personal thing. I didnt write any mainly because i would have soaked the letters doing them!

I thought about it but did'nt do it. The thought alone broke my heart. I got the pen and paper ready but burst into tears and could'nt do it. Some do and some don't it is a personal choice. Anyway you're going to be fine ( positive thinking all the way) sweetheartxxxx

I posted a similar question. Tried to write the letter, but my instinct wouldn't let me. I relied on my family and friends to talk about me if the worst should happen.
I had such morbid thoughts approaching my surgery, I even faltered when buying a slow cooker from argos in case I died before I got the chance to use it!!!!!:eek:
We are such incredible selfless creatures putting ourselves through surgery so we can be better parents. We really are excellent.

I'm 4 weeks away from surgery and always thought i wouldn't write any letters. But i think actually i will think seriously about it. Just to say the things you don't say everyday...

I'm just over 4 weeks away from my bypass and was thinking about the letter thing and sat down to write letters, but then a thought came over me. What the hell was I doing I'm having surgery to improve my life not end it. So I'm looking forward to the future,
Sue

I didn't write any letters to anyone. I personally felt if i did then i was recognising something might go wrong and although of course i knew there were risks it was part of my way of coping! Everyone reacts differently and it really is a very personal choice xx

Same here. I refused to acknowledge that anything was going to go wrong. I remained 100% positive throughout the whole experience, it certainly worked for me.

xxx

I wrote letters - just in case. I didn't want anyone blaming themselves for not stopping me and oddly it made me feel better doing it.
x

Thanks everybody for answering :)

I think I will write them. Mostly because if something will happen (I know it won't :p) I want my 2 boys to know how much I love them!

Back