• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting a bit depressed

puddinz

I had my band on dec 11th and started out really well. I have had 2 fills (by x ray) and have 4.75 mils in a 14ml band.
I know it takes time to get it right it seems to be quite tight on the day of the fill and the next day but then after that it seems to loosen up again and I am hungry all the time.
I will admit that I am eating less than I used to but still not less enough for a consistant weight loss. I have lost and gained the same 2lb for the last 4 weeks.
I am following the rules I dont eat and drink at the same time anymore (which is a nightmare) and I am still trying lots of different foods to see what I cope with best. I have been doing alot of pb'ing and upchucking while i experiemnt and then I surprised myself on wednesday when I tried a bit of a friends baguette to see how I got on and ate the lot!
I am doing much more exercise have joined a Salsa dancing class and move much more than I have done in the last year but to no avail.
Pleease someone tell me that it will get better. cos at the moment I feel that we have spent all this money for nothing.

Last edited:
Hi there,
I can't offer much advice as I am only a few days post op but I just thought that I would just drop you a note. I know how hard it is with a band and it is so easy to get guilty feelings about the amount of money we have spent but just try and keep with the feelings that positive attracts positive, so you have lost and gained the same 2lb over the last 4 weeks - you and I are still learning about the new way in which our bodies work and it's no easy task.
Try thinking positive and hopefully the rest will follow, and I know it's easy to sit and write this - especially as I was miserable as sin last night - but sometimes, afirming other peoples choices and giving advice is all you need to do to see things clearer.

What would you tell yourself to do if you read your post?

Hiya
I can totally sympathise with you, but it is early days yet. This is not going to be an easy ride. I have had a band fitted for 19 months and I assumed that the worst was over when I had had the surgery, but this is far from the truth, infact the last 3 months have been hell. I would not change my mind given the facts that I now know. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat and do NOT regret the decision.
It is not easy and you have to think all the time, I never expected it to be this hard, I thought, like most people do..the weight will drop off and I will never have weight issues again. This is just not true, it takes hard work and committment, it is only part of the solution, I still have to work and do my part.
You only have a small amount in one of the larger bands, so have a little way to go before you get your restriction right, and believe me when they do, you will not be able to eat your friends baguette, you will be lucky to eat even a small slice of bread. I personally have not eaten bread since last April. Hang in there, keep the faith, its still early days and again once they get your restriction correct, you will know this was all worth it.
take care and stay strong, it takes time and is not a quick process.
MNL:wavey:

Back