• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liquid diet post op

stuart111_2000

Hi all,

I am due to have my op very soon, and wanted to know what over people ate (or should I say drank!) during their post op liquid diet?

Thanks

Stuart

I think your provider will give you that info as it seems to vary wildly from what I've read :)

I have just come off the liquids. I had mostly soups from the shop puréed down and added hot water til I got the right consistency. I also made my own smoothies as they recommended slim fast to me and I couldn't tolerate it. Make sure u add powdered milk to ur soups :) good luck x

Hi all, I am due to have my op very soon, and wanted to know what over people ate (or should I say drank!) during their post op liquid diet? Thanks Stuart

I drank tea, coffee, water, nas squash, watered down fruit juice. Soup with all the bits strained out, fruit smoothies (homemade), milk, oxo & bovril.

I added skimmed milk powder to everything to boost my protein intake.

I've got various shakes, soups with no bits, Complan, Build-up, Innocent kids' smoothies, Innocent Fruit Tubes, Actimel, Oxo, Chicken Bovril, pure orange juice and Yogi liquorice & peppermint tea.

That lot should keep me going for a while.

Last edited:
I lived on homemade chicken broth, the gravy from homemade stews and casseroles, orange squash, milk, tea, tea an more tea!

I was advised to make my own smoothies as the ones from the shop specially the innocent ones are very high in sugar and may cause dumping syndrome xx

I was advised to make my own smoothies as the ones from the shop specially the innocent ones are very high in sugar and may cause dumping syndrome xx

Although Innocent smoothies have no added sugar, nearly all fruit is naturally high in fructose.

Fruit juices and shop-bought smoothies generally can be pretty bad because of the concentrated sugar.

I'm having one small fruit juice, one smoothie and one fruit tube a day, but as a bander I won't get dumping syndrome like bypassers.

PS: I drink the kids' smoothies, I don't know if that means they have less sugar in...

Last edited:
Back