• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liquid diet Vs Mush

hopefulmum

Ok so as you know i am really really not coping too well with my liquid diet post op at all. I am 10 days post op, all my swelling gone and feel brilliant, trouble is I am getting really really sick with the soup and yogurts I think the dairy has gotten the better of me and even thinking about it I fell blech...I am not sure any other word sums it up its that pit of yor stomach sickness feeling.

Anyway...has anyone started on from liquid before the 14 days? I mean i am not looking for steak but even mash or eggs or something?

I dunno what to do really I know I sound light hearted and i am laughing about it but truth be told I dont think I am eating enough and all i can stomach is cuppa soup and to be honest I am starving.

Maybe I just need a good slap or something? Has anyone else been through this or coped/not coped I would love some honest experience stories/advice. Its the weekend I am just dreading the day when I wake up as I am hungry and really dont want to eat any more soup custard or shakes, I need something else...

Right gonna shut up feeling sorry for myself and look forwar to hearing from you,

Thanks everyone

HM x

I don't think you need a good slap, but I would start by calling your provider to ask their advice, they may suggest some things that you can do (and which they would agree to) which can help you.

Its not easy those 14 days, (I actually found my 3 days liquid post fill even harder!) but if you can last you only have another few days to go.

At the start when I moved onto mash, I had ready brek, mixed quite runny to begin with, and than more solid as the time went on, but, I struggled with a sicky feeling during the liquid stage and literally went back to clear fluids only (water, tea, coffee, NAS squash) and that was it until I managed to stomach skimmed milk.

But give your provider a call and speak to them, they may be able to help you of how to move forward in the best way for you and your band :)

hopefulmum said:
Ok so as you know i am really really not coping too well with my liquid diet post op at all. I am 10 days post op, all my swelling gone and feel brilliant, trouble is I am getting really really sick with the soup and yogurts I think the dairy has gotten the better of me and even thinking about it I fell blech...I am not sure any other word sums it up its that pit of yor stomach sickness feeling.

Anyway...has anyone started on from liquid before the 14 days? I mean i am not looking for steak but even mash or eggs or something?

I dunno what to do really I know I sound light hearted and i am laughing about it but truth be told I dont think I am eating enough and all i can stomach is cuppa soup and to be honest I am starving.

Maybe I just need a good slap or something? Has anyone else been through this or coped/not coped I would love some honest experience stories/advice. Its the weekend I am just dreading the day when I wake up as I am hungry and really dont want to eat any more soup custard or shakes, I need something else...

Right gonna shut up feeling sorry for myself and look forwar to hearing from you,

Thanks everyone

HM x

Hey, I was exactly the same!
I did start around day 10 having mush cause I couldn't handle it any longer lol, before that I was having moouses n yogurts to avoid the soup, from day 10 I was having mashed turnip with a little gravy mashed up to make it like a thick soup consistency just a little bit tho and i treated my self to some chhese light triangles :) Now I'm officially allowed mush :) I'm on day 14 xx

Oh, sooooooo glad it's not just me.i was done on 26 sept, I'm feeling exactly the same.same feelings, same hunger, same soups, I care for my dad who's 84 he lives with me,I've been sneaking the odd mouthfull of his puddings,,,,,he thinks it's hillarius......I think this weekend is the worst, for me anyway !!!!!!!lol well get through it ,others have......

It is so so lovely to see that I am not going as crazy as I feel! And to Kat that thanks that I dont need slapped! lol

Its is just the fact that I didnt really like soup before which if I am honest if I never eat again will be too soon. I also dont want to put people off that have not been banded yet as it really has been life changing and coping for 2 weeks on fluids is really nothing compared to a healthier life!

Its just that some days it gets to you and you have a bit of a brick wall to overcome and I am so glad I have the wonderful support of this group for that, i truly love you guys for helping me through dark days and would love to be able to do that for someone else someday.

I think some people dont understand that it is not just about eating something different for a couple of weeks, a band is not a cure it is an aid and the physical part is probably by far the easiest barrier. It is the psychological obstacle of changing the habbits of a lifetime and breaking the cycle that will challenge us all, it is our inner demon. So I say thank you to you all and just for today, thats all we can do, just for today I shall banish my inner demon with the help of my new friends...

xxx

I'm starting the purée stage tomorrow and I'm so excited. Although I've had enough of liquid now, I stuck to it as I didn't want to make myself ill or complicate the healing process. I completely understand where your coming from though x

Well said,it's a new learning curve for me too,Iam learning something new off the sight every day, I don't think I could manage if I don't get on here every day, it's keeping me sane!!!lol. All the girls and boys,I've just sused out ? Are very very helpfull, I can't use the sight fully yet,but I'm really enjoying what I can.Ditto what you have said, thanks to everybody who have given me fantastic advise since my journey began xxxxx big Huggs and kisses to everyonexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't like soup either, I made lots before my op so I had different ones, even the thought of it made me heave! And altho I liked milk and yoghurts, I couldn't stomach these either due to the fact they made me feel queasy, so it was back to clear liquids. Its hard when you feel ready and able to eat. But there maybe things that your provider may allow you to start having at this point . . .always worth a shout :)

I did struggle towatrds the end of the 2 weeks and was ready for mush.

I did stick with it though and like kat says, I did 2 days liquids after first fill which was really hard!

I think before you do anything u need to speak to providor.

The diet is strict as to let insides heal and band settle. You don't want to damage anything x x

hopefulmum said:

Thanks everyone

HM x

Hm I'm day day 10 and can't wait for mush - yogurts yak soup bleurgh ice lollies loving those and just got some low fat choc mousse to try!!!

Guessing everyone goes through this, only 4 more days to go x

I made a really lovely smoothie. Have you tried those? It was half a banana, 200ml of alpro vanilla pouring yogurt, 100mls of milk and a handful of frozen summer berries all blended together, with the bits sieved out.

Back