• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liquid meds

for the first few weeks you should take in liquid form then after that you will be ok on pills. You can get liquid thyroxine dont no about the other you take

Hi i take thyroxine, i had bypass and was able to take the thyroxine tablets as normal 3 days after op as they are tiny tablets. You asked to take multivitamin for life after the op, i had to restart taking my multi vitamins 2 weeks after the op, broke them in two and they are fine. I ould advise you to speak to the bariatric team with regards to your tablets as it appears that every team is different in how they work.Hope this helps. xxx

Hi, can only tell you my experience as all docs/hospitals are different. I was given liquid meds (except for my bp pill so I had to crush it), enough for two weeks on discharge from the hospital. I was then asked to see my gp during that first 2 weeks to get my prescriptions in tablet form and I began then at 2 weeks post-op taking them. I do take citirizine daily, never had a problem.

HTH,
Nic:p

Back