• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liquid only day before balloon

novamay

Born Free
Hi all ballooners...

getting my balloon in two weeks time and have to have 24 hours before procedure with liquids only.

I'm just putting together a list of things to get for me and for OH (who won't be happy with liquids only) and wondered if I am allowed clear soups and low fat cocoa drinks?

Didnt wanna read and run but just wanted to wish you well - All the best Julie xx

I'm still pre-op so can't help BUT best of luck hun - I look forward to seeing how you get on x

You can have clear soups but milky drinks are a no-no I'm afraid, I had clear soup, jelly, hot cup of bovril and black tea/coffee.
I just had to do 3days of the above prior to the 6 month fill, it was a killer, especially when working full time, talk about an energy zapper.
It won't be long now and you'll be on the losers bench :)
Let us know how you got on x

thanks guys...

bummer - I was hoping to have milky drinks - as I love milk (I'm strange, I know!). I can't drink bovrily drinks as they are too salty for me :yuk:. Guess it will be NAS juice and onion soup - I'll survive - its only 1 day.

I've not got my letter yet though and balloon is 3rd Feb - they're cutting it fine if I have to get a script from GP for the acid tabs!

I know how you feel, 3 days nearly killed me, and I could only tolerate 1-2 cups of bovril a day, but I had to have something else as a change.
The hospital gave me 1week of omeprazol, 2 different types of anti sickness, maybe yours will do the same and give you time to get some from the gp.
They also gave me a letter for the gp which requested a further prescription.
Good luck and let us know how you get on

Back