• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liquid phase

clar01

I'm 6 days post op and on the liquid phase for another 3 weeks (very strict surgeon!)
Found it easy up to now but am having a bad day and wondering if there is anything else I can have apart from slimfast, soup, Bovril and NAS squash!
Tried to get inventive with soups, hubby made me one with chicken mince but after liquidizing Andorra had the most awful texture I just can't drink it! Ugh!

Any other ideas for the liquid only phase?

Xxx

How about milkshakes? Nesquick chocolate was on my post op diet sheet and kept me going..x

Milky coffee with extra milk powder is a good source of protein on the liquid phase. Have you also thought of making ice lollies out of your nas squash and juice ?

I'm scared about the caffeine in coffee, have read thst we ate not supposed to have caffeine? Although do have some caffeine free coffee so might try that tomorrow, great idea for the lollies! I'll get a lolly thing tomorrow and make those!
I like nesquick but am opting for slimfast at the mo for the protein xxxx

r u on clear liquids still?n do you go onto full liquids on day 7? if so you could possibly have low cal hot choc, or thinned down smoothies or homemade banana milk shake, or perhaps puree tinned peaches in juice, and milk into a smoothie of perhaps nas jelly and low fat custard thinned with milk. or ww tom soup thinned a bit with milk. only allowed all of the above if your going on to full liquids though.check with your surgeon before having any of it though. and this is for a sleeve if that helps any.

crusha and low fat custard were a god send to me on the liquid stage x

I'm 4 days post op and I found low fat mousse thinned down is lovely. I'm really wanting savoury though so I've just made a cheesy beef soup which tastes amazing lol

I put a small knob of butter in a pan till its melted, add a spoon of flour and mix then add semi fat milk and stir in to a roux. Then add strong cheese till is melted in too the white sauce. Then get a cup and add one oxo stock cube, bisto gravy granules, a teaspoon of bovril and fill with boiling water. Add the cup mixture to the cheese sauce in the sauce pan and thin if needs be with more water and hey presto !!!! Tastes really nice :)

I put a small knob of butter in a pan till its melted, add a spoon of flour and mix then add semi fat milk and stir in to a roux. Then add strong cheese till is melted in too the white sauce. Then get a cup and add one oxo stock cube, bisto gravy granules, a teaspoon of bovril and fill with boiling water. Add the cup mixture to the cheese sauce in the sauce pan and thin if needs be with more water and hey presto !!!! Tastes really nice :)

Ooooh this has excited me! How cheesy does it taste? I am sooo craving cheese right now. I have even been contemplating having a bite to taste then spit it out. I have finally found my appetite and normal soups are not cutting it for me at the moment!

Very cheesy if you use a really strong cheddar and I put quite a bit in as once you have portioned it out it's not that much as goes a long way x

Back