• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need more liquid protein!

PoppyCorn

Hiya all

I'm on day 10 post op and am not getting enough protein at all.

I have 1 pot of shape zero (I eat around the bits) 100-150mls of soup (currently Heinz tomato or oxtail) nas squash and about 1.5l water each day plus a cup of ovaltine, if I remember.

I know this isn't enough protein, but I can't stomach slimfast, complan or protein shakes - they all make me gag, just by the smell. I don't drink milk on it's own as it makes me sick (literally :9529:)- I can have milk in hot drinks and when I was on Lighter Life I liked their choc shake and tomato soup which contained milk.

As I only have four more days of this liquid stage should I stop worrying as I will be able to get more protein once I can have flaked fish etc. Or should I be serching for some sort of liquid alternative?

Any suggestions on what I could drink will be gratefully received.:)

daftmoo

coffee made with all milk and i use condensed soups made up with all milk, either strain the bits out or do as I do and spit them out, lol

hopelesscase

make some of yr own soup litrally boil a whole skinned chicken with loads of veg and salt and pepper thrown in!! all the family can have it!!
Be carful on the hienze tom soup its loaded with sugar!!

phatmomma

I think i remember someone saying they whizzed some protein powder into yoghurts, hth xx

PoppyCorn

Thanks you guys - I never even thought to look at the sugar content of the soups.

Poppy x

thinnerangela

You can buy sanatogen protein powder again - I think I saw it in Boots - add it to everything - its tasteless and mixes like milk powder.

You can add milk powder to everything too - dont know if there is a lactose free alternative - some people develop a lactose intolerance post-op

You will soon progress to proper food

Angela xx