• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need more liquid protein!

PoppyCorn

Hiya all

I'm on day 10 post op and am not getting enough protein at all.

I have 1 pot of shape zero (I eat around the bits) 100-150mls of soup (currently Heinz tomato or oxtail) nas squash and about 1.5l water each day plus a cup of ovaltine, if I remember.

I know this isn't enough protein, but I can't stomach slimfast, complan or protein shakes - they all make me gag, just by the smell. I don't drink milk on it's own as it makes me sick (literally :9529:)- I can have milk in hot drinks and when I was on Lighter Life I liked their choc shake and tomato soup which contained milk.

As I only have four more days of this liquid stage should I stop worrying as I will be able to get more protein once I can have flaked fish etc. Or should I be serching for some sort of liquid alternative?

Any suggestions on what I could drink will be gratefully received.:)

coffee made with all milk and i use condensed soups made up with all milk, either strain the bits out or do as I do and spit them out, lol

make some of yr own soup litrally boil a whole skinned chicken with loads of veg and salt and pepper thrown in!! all the family can have it!!
Be carful on the hienze tom soup its loaded with sugar!!

I think i remember someone saying they whizzed some protein powder into yoghurts, hth xx

Thanks you guys - I never even thought to look at the sugar content of the soups.

Poppy x

You can buy sanatogen protein powder again - I think I saw it in Boots - add it to everything - its tasteless and mixes like milk powder.

You can add milk powder to everything too - dont know if there is a lactose free alternative - some people develop a lactose intolerance post-op

You will soon progress to proper food

Angela xx

Back