• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

things I like on the milk diet (AKA how the hell I manage to stay sane!

Yvessa

My 'milk diet routine' involves as much variety as I can possibly fit in as I don't do well without it, so here's an overview of the day.

Am hoping this helps others on the milk diet and also might encourage people to share their ideas too.

Breakfast - milky coffee. (with sweeteners)
Lunch - two scoops banana slimfast (the only flavour I can stand) made upto a pint with milk.
1 pint stock cube (current favourites are the chicken gel stock from knorr or knorr ham) made with half hot water and half milk. (as cup a soup)
Dinner - 1 pint stock cube again with half pint milk, (as soup in a bowl)
1 half pack jelly with water.
1 milky ice lolly (coffee flavour at the moment) 1/2 pint milk makes six lollies
Supper - Chai latte, made with 1 cup of chai tea, sweeteners and however much milk I have left.
Jelly if I feel like it

Occasionally have milk and crusha but not so fond.

Drinks - nas squash with water or sprite zero. Diet pepsi. Tea/coffee with milk and sweeteners.

That's such a good idea for the soup!!! I have ham cubes I'll be defo giving it ago! Does it taste ok with milk though or is it just bearable xx

I actually quite like it. Makes it taste like a creamy cup a soup but drink it hot otherwise it goes a bit yukky

Some days I haven't been having three pints - slim fast are really minging and I'm not over hungry , has anyone else felt like that yet xx

God yes. But when I spoke to the dietician, she said get as close as you can because otherwise your body will not be in the best state it can be for the op so I am trying my best :) Only managed about 3 pints today! Will have some more before bed.

Am trying banana and chocolate slimfast today. Hate the chocolate, but like the banana. And being the muppet that I am, bought full tins of both so I saved money!

Yvessa said:
Am trying banana and chocolate slimfast today. Hate the chocolate, but like the banana. And being the muppet that I am, bought full tins of both so I saved money!

I don't like slimfast. But I like those two mixed :D

I'm not a fan of slim fast either it's much too thick. I make it up to a pint rather than 250 mls and prefer that but only banana. Chocolate and banana were bearable.

Yvessa said:
I'm not a fan of slim fast either it's much too thick. I make it up to a pint rather than 250 mls and prefer that but only banana. Chocolate and banana were bearable.

Glad you have found a way to get through it chick

So fed up with it all now. 7 days seems too short to get all the stuff I want to get done, but also too long to wait. bleh.

Hi Yve,
I am at L and D as well but so far have only had the straight milk diet to follow with the oxo cube and jelly, The milk has aggravated my gout so they said that there was another diet to follow, is that likely to be the slimfast version???

No idea. On the milk diet you can swap one pint milk for a slim fast.

Back