• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

literally sick of this

I am 6 weeks post op today and sick of being sick. After literally a couple of half t spoons I am being so sick. Supposed to be going on to more solid food from today but feel I'm going backwards. I'm bordering on fluids mush still. Is this normal?

No not really. This happened to me & I ended up in hospital twice & had to be stretched as could keep anything down except clear liquids. I am struggling again & going in for another tomorrow. It may be nothing but get it checked out as you won't be able to get the correct nutrition into you. Good luck.

No it isnt normal, i ate half a yogurt the day after my sleeve. Seek help, good luck x

I can eat a yogurt but that it a tummy one at that

by six weeks i was pretty much eating normal, good luck :) x

Thanks Ladies. I had some mash with braised beef mashed up and runny that I have kept down. A yogurt if its a runny one and ready brek for breakfast again if it's runny. I can eat half a bowl of that. I just don't wanna bug my doc. Supposed to be going back to work on the 19th where I'm not allowed to eat at my desk unless it's a sandwich or the like. Don't think I'm going to be handling that one to well do you!!?? Sorry for moaning

U r not moaning just sharing. You are not bothering your doctor do go if it continues. Just a small tip that
I have found useful. Eat only a tiny tiny mouthful, chew, chew & chew, before swallowing then weight at least 20 - 30 seconds before next mouthful. It doesn't exactly fill me with joy eating this way but I do frugally manage to keep it down & not get that horrible pain.

I think you may need to bug your doc. G.P.s always lecture patients visit them at an early stage if anything at all is or might be wrong. Your doc gets paid to treat you, and to refer you on to others if need be. You've been brave and unselfish for long enough. Please go and hassle some people - you need practical help, right now x

Problem is my doctor doesn't approve of what I have had done as I went private. Thanks all x

Even so he/she has a duty to help you when you arrive at the surgery describing troubling and potentially dangerous symptoms. You have a child to look after. Is there anyone else at the practice, even a nurse, you could talk to? Quite honestly I'd pop along to the nearest A & E department and very politely plead for five minutes with someone who might be able to advise. It might even be worthwhile changing your G.P. in due course. Or you could maybe ring the hospital and ask to speak to someone who has experience of WLS, stating that you can't go on much longer without help. If you explain what you are going through you might find a sympathetic ear.

I would also ring the local health Trust or whatever it's called. Tell someone there that you need help and that, because you had surgery privately, your GP is very unsympathetic. Mention your responsibilities to your little one, say there is nobody to help (even if there is) and see what they suggest. I do hope you break through and find a male or female knight in shining armour x

Why are you not referring this problem back to your surgeon? The company you went to privately surely must have a duty of care towards you and should be checking everything is as it should be?

I had my surgery done privately abroad, but my surgeon is in constant email contact and I have his private number if I am ever worried at all and know he would not have a problem with me contacting him.

I agree. By six weeks we are meant to be eating normally. Go back to your provider and make a fuss.

Caren I just saw your details; you are 11st 9lbs! Wow wow wow! Haven't you done well! About time you changed your avatar though!

Thanks girly Going to the hospital on Thursday for a check up

Thank heavens! And when you get there, lay it on the line. Don't be intimidated or professionally 'charmed' into minimising your suffering - give it to them, straight.

I appreciate how hard it is to be assertive and forthright when you feel like s**t but they need to be told, no messing, that you've had enough, you can't take any more, and they must sort you out! Blessings x

Back