• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Little confused about protein shakes! Anyone offer some advice please???

amysbypass

Hi amy I have the tesco whey protein strawberry & cream flavour tastes just like mackys milkshake. Its low fat, low sugar & low carb and you mix with water:) its £40 but if you have any gym card (or your friends card will do) you get 20% discount. this will last you 1-2 months.

What you are looking for is a whey protein isolate (skip soy since bypassers can't absorb soy protein well) with carbs below 5g per serving. You should look for something that has calories in the 100-150 range per serving & around 20g of protein per serving. You should expect to pay around £20-30 for a 908g tub which should have 30 servings which can last 1-2 months depending on usage. If GNC allows it (they do in USA not sure here), you should ask to sample the product to make sure you like the taste, everyone is different so you may have to try several flavours before you find one you like. I buy mine online because I find the prices are lower, let me know if you want links.

Best of luck!
Nic;)

Hi Nic, the usn 100% whey protein I use is from Tesco it is 2.28Kg a giant of a drum LOL per serving it gives you: 3.6gr Carbs, 148 calories per serving (I mix with water cause its mega creamy), 25gr of protein. and this tub goes a longggggggggg way 67 servings per drum. Also if you show any gym card (even your mates ) they deduct 20% off the price making it £33.00. :cool:

Hi Nic, the usn 100% whey protein I use is from Tesco it is 2.28Kg a giant of a drum LOL per serving it gives you: 3.6gr Carbs, 148 calories per serving (I mix with water cause its mega creamy), 25gr of protein. and this tub goes a longggggggggg way 67 servings per drum. Also if you show any gym card (even your mates ) they deduct 20% off the price making it £33.00. :cool:

Hi G-M, I have looked for this in Tesco's but can't find it. What dept should I be looking in? What else is on the same shelf?

Thanks

Hi glenville, yes in our tesco there is a health department, which sells all protein, mucsle build, ect and its in there. But if yours dont have this department, then go onto google under tesco direct. Hope this helps Gail.x QUOTE=Glenville;2041205]Hi G-M, I have looked for this in Tesco's but can't find it. What dept should I be looking in? What else is on the same shelf?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

i went into boots the other day to look at wat protine products theyhad and prices the lady there told me to see my GP first as you can get them on perscription. ive not been yet but has anyone been down this route and if so are they as good as the nes people on here are using..........kath x

Thanks all!!!
Will have a look round and maybe try the tesco one.
Where would i be without you all????
(((BIG HUGS)))

I will have a look. But problem is i really really want a coffee flavoured one! Or something coffeeish!!! Thanks!

I was recomended and used this stuff for a while

Power Supplements - Sci-MX - 100% Whey Protein

You can buy this in the health and fitness section of larger Tescos, or order it a bit cheaper on line.

I've been told by those that know that this stuff is the stuff to have, personally though i experimented for 8 weeks supplimenting additional protein and it made absolutely no difference to my weight loss at all, i'd rather get my protein as i always have from meat, fish, veg, salad and dairy products !

PS go for the strawberry as its ok.

Hiya babe - I go for maximuscle in caffe latte flavour, you can get it online, in tescos etc. its approx £30 but tastes ok, mixes well and I add extra coffee! HTH xx

Hi amy I wonder if you could get the vanilla flavour and add a spoonful of instant coffee in it. Just an Idea!!

I very often have cold skimmed milk with 'Camp' coffee in it. It's as old as the hills but in liquid form mixes easily... Let me know how it tastes for when i get my op!

Hi Nic

Could you please let me know where you got this info from or point me in the direction of the scientific explaination as to why we cannot absorb Soy? I cannot stomach Whey (gives me stomach cramps) so have to rely on Soy. I ran this past the hospital dietician and she said it was fine but if I should be taking something else I would rather know about it.

H

Hi YP - PG is correct, bypassers cannot absorb soy easilly, its because some of the essential amino acids that you need to absorb soy are not present in soy products, especially so in suppliments. In order to make your body absorb it you will need to take an additional suppliment containing the right amino acids, so kind of defeats the object really.

I get mine off discount supplements, and they do a lovely cappucino flavoured one and it's free delivery:D:D

Thanks everyone! I'm spoilt for choice now! ((HUGS))

Back