• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Little protein advice post bypass

Frosty

Hi all

Right ive done some research as i keep dumping on the protein drinks they give me. And if there a bit heavey for any of you here is a cure.

Each drink form the doctor gives about 20g of protein
Milk gives 20g per pint but is alot more easy to drink with no side effects.
But we all need about 60g per day so get some powered milk and add a spoon full of it to your small glass of milk and you get lots of protein.

The amount of powdered milk to add just depends on your taste , do it to your liking. you can also add sugar free milk shake to change the flavors (crusher)

this has made alot of diffrence to me i hope it may help others.

Also dont takr iron with the calcium as they can make you a bit sicky taken together . give them a few hours apart

Mark

hi mark ive been reading ur posts and i find them helpfull had my bypass nearly a year ago, and help with protein is good as since my bypass i cant stand milk lol it makes me sick evertime i drink it even the sight of it now makes me feel sick, ive lost nearly 8 stone in a year which im proud of others have lost more but im happy with the loss anyway take care lv georgina xxx

hi mark ive been reading ur posts and i find them helpfull had my bypass nearly a year ago, and help with protein is good as since my bypass i cant stand milk lol it makes me sick evertime i drink it even the sight of it now makes me feel sick, ive lost nearly 8 stone in a year which im proud of others have lost more but im happy with the loss anyway take care lv georgina xxx

Nice going 8 stone is alot , I bet you feel fantastic. I cant wait untill my weight has gone. its slowed down alot now but its still moving.
The only thing im not look forward to is the loose skin ill get.
I was thinking about buying some strong bulldog clips :D

hi mark i know wot u mean about the loose skin yuk but its part and parcel im afraid im just glad im smaller now than b4, so how r u coping with ur bypass? take care lv georgina xxx

hi mark i know wot u mean about the loose skin yuk but its part and parcel im afraid im just glad im smaller now than b4, so how r u coping with ur bypass? take care lv georgina xxx

Hiya georgina

Well im coping very well. i can eat almost anything i want (healthy)
Although im going through the unlucky sicky stage but the doc has given me some pills for it.
I seem to be hooked on corn beef salad for the moment it goes down well.
And all milk decaff coffee for my protein

So in all yes in good. Wieght is slow this weeks but i thinks its because in trining and ive built a little muscle.

I shall report in to morrow with my wieght change as normal.

Mark

hi mark im a bit stuck with protein as since the bypass i cant even look at milk now so im looking for other stuff, i know wot u mean about the weight slowing down some weeks mine is non existant lol, but it takes time anyway take care xxx

Back