• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Living life to the full x

Fat sue

Hi guys I'm having my band fitted on the 8th December starting pre op diet on the 18th november
At present I'm living life to the full just went out and had the best meal ever and I'm going out at least once a week until pre op diet and eating all the bad things lol
Can't wait ;)

If thats what you want to do . . .enjoy!

top_kat said:
If thats what you want to do . . .enjoy!

Hi Kat ;)
I have done every diet under the sun lost weight And put it back on but this time j will have my new best friend with me Alll the time and am so looking forwarded to getting banded and am doing my favourite foods a found farewell ;) and looking forward to losing 6 stone ;)

Its still possible to have many favourite foods post band, you will have much less of them and some you may not tolerate. The pre-op and then the liquid only post op can be quite hard going, I found that using the time building up to my pre-op which was only a few weeks after my consultation was a great time to start getting into the mindset of better/healthier eating, slowly making changes to the diet in readiness and found that it really helped. Im trying now post band, to lose this idea of "forbidden food", so that when I have gotten to where I hope to get to, it wont make me feel so guilty when I have certain things.

I've nearly lost 4 stone and at 10 weeks post op, I still however have another 10 to go . . .but, I o feel the benefits of the positive changes and mindset I made before I started that pre-op and then post op liquids and mush.

It is finding what is right for you and what you feel comfortable with . . .the "last suppers" etc wasn't for me, but I do understand why many do :) enjoy . . .nom nom nom LOL

I had a lifetime of last suppers before I started this journey, maybe it's time to start making the changes now as top kat says. You can cheat the band post-op and if you like ice cream and chocolate and anything melty they will still be able to go down. The band is the op that needs the most will power. it's a tool, not a cure (unfortunately).

Starting the better eating now, will help you on the pre-op diet which can sometimes feel the longest 2 weeks of your life.

How will you feel afterwards when you have your list of foods that your head has decided that you won't eat, wls won't cure your head of the desire to have all these naughty things.

Maybe make some changes now to get your journey started.

ThinnerJemima said:
I had a lifetime of last suppers before I started this journey, maybe it's time to start making the changes now as top kat says. You can cheat the band post-op and if you like ice cream and chocolate and anything melty they will still be able to go down. The band is the op that needs the most will power. it's a tool, not a cure (unfortunately).

Starting the better eating now, will help you on the pre-op diet which can sometimes feel the longest 2 weeks of your life.

How will you feel afterwards when you have your list of foods that your head has decided that you won't eat, wls won't cure your head of the desire to have all these naughty things.

Maybe make some changes now to get your journey started.

Thanks Jemima for your wise words the reason for the last suppers is I'm hopping to drop as much weight as quickly as possible and i have my head in the right place ... Just saying good by to my favourite restaurants until around July next year ... Because when I do something I do it 100% .... and my weakness isn't sweet things thank god .... Mine was savoury stuff and I don't drink a lot of alcohol may be a few times a year so won't miss that ... The reason for me having the band is because every time I go on a diet and drop 2 + stone my daughter ends up very ill in hospital and in the last 12 months had been on life support 5 times ... And it knocks the wind out me and I fall of the wagon ..... But with my new best friend inside telling me I'm here for ya stay strong and it won't let me fall of the wagon ;) if that makes sense to you .... I am so sick of quitting but my new friend is there for me while I'm there for everyone else ... The big problem for me was when we are all sitting around I'm looking after everyone else and am meet with I will have something to eat it you do ... Hey presto I eat so they will eat .. Because how can I say I'm on a diet at a time like that ..
I know it sounds like an excuse but it's not I just end up putting everyone first ....
But my new friend Mr Band will remind me I'm first ... Hope that makes sense xx

i didn't do the big farewell either, i went straight from my appt when they gave me date and started cutting down then, i made sure i had smaller portions ready (but still wasn't as ready as i thought) tried the drinking 20 mins etc but each to their own and if you feel confident enough to be bale to go straight in then good for you :) i hope you're daughter is ok as well x take care and good luck

angiemason said:
i didn't do the big farewell either, i went straight from my appt when they gave me date and started cutting down then, i made sure i had smaller portions ready (but still wasn't as ready as i thought) tried the drinking 20 mins etc but each to their own and if you feel confident enough to be bale to go straight in then good for you :) i hope you're daughter is ok as well x take care and good luck

Thanks she's doing great at the moment ;)
I might have gave the wrong opinion I'm going out once a week for a meal not every day lol and I do take smaller portion I haven't started per op diet start date for that is 18th November and since I booked op have lost 4 Lb
I do believe in my self I have to lol
I have done lighter life in the past and Lipotrim so know I can do this ... I know I can;( it's what I want .. And you have done great so far and I only hope I do as well xx

I didnt do the "last suppers " either ( but know plenty that have) as my op was a cancellation and I used the last remaining time too cut down so I wouldnt suffer once I was banded as some ppl have carb withdrawals/headaches etc and I kept to the regime and didnt have either ( thank god) wishing you all the best BD x

I personnaly will be like topcat I have already 3mths ago stopped fizzy drinks I am now eating slowly and not drinking at the same time (well trying too :) ) I dont have a choice of foods as I have recently had IBS added to my long list of probs soI have had to change my food choices otherwise I suffer with chronic stomach pains which I have been admitted for several times. Good luck with your "Lasts" I wish I had the will power and confidence in myself to be able to do do it that way. xxx

I didn't do the last supper thing either, because i realised there were still going to be lots of suppers... just a bit different ... you can still potentially enjoy your good old favourite foods (albeit in smaller portions) and probably lots of new favourites because for lots of us banders our taste buds have changed. I for example ate fish and chips for my lunch .... Just a small child's size fish, a couple of tbsp of mushy peas and four/five chips. I never even used to eat food like that preband, and while its not healthy to eat all the time, the amount/infrequency I eat it, it's not leading me to binge or feel guilty :) I used to be a real sweetaholic, but now I can have packets of the stuff sitting in the cupboards for months without even feeling tempted to eat them, i dont in the slightest feel i am going without purely because if I did fancy them, I would just eat them. My silicone friend has given me a sense of self control that I never had before :D I am maintaining now but even when I was losing, I still used the same approach. You will find what works best for you x

Back