• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

LIZ HELP

girly girl

Hi liz
i no im being silly but you no a lot about mr small as i said befor the dietitian said if i could stop picking she would put me in for band but the nurse said becouse i eat choc and drink fizzy pop (but she didnt ask how much ,i dont eat or drink a lot but didnt think about it till later)she was putting me down for a bypass which i would rather not have any way iv stoped picking and am now having 3 meals a day dont have any fizzy drinks at all (not even in vodka)iv not even had a drink for 6 weeks i no this is only short term but trying to put thing in place for when the op happens i am keeping a food diary and am being very truthfull (very hard)the only thing im having problems with is now im not picking im needing more food at meal times to fill me trying to use veg and salad is there any thing else you think i can do to make sure he will put me in for a band.
sorry for going on but it is driving me potty
thanks xxxx

Hi liz
i no im being silly but you no a lot about mr small as i said befor the dietitian said if i could stop picking she would put me in for band but the nurse said becouse i eat choc and drink fizzy pop (but she didnt ask how much ,i dont eat or drink a lot but didnt think about it till later)she was putting me down for a bypass which i would rather not have any way iv stoped picking and am now having 3 meals a day dont have any fizzy drinks at all (not even in vodka)iv not even had a drink for 6 weeks i no this is only short term but trying to put thing in place for when the op happens i am keeping a food diary and am being very truthfull (very hard)the only thing im having problems with is now im not picking im needing more food at meal times to fill me trying to use veg and salad is there any thing else you think i can do to make sure he will put me in for a band.
thanks xxxx

hi lisa calm down dont panic, if your more a volume eater then a bands the op for you, if you pick or graze at foods then the bands not so good as it will let more calories through. To get the band you will have to be honest with them and show that you can stop grazing long term as grazing is very easy to go back to once banded and it will slow weight loss or stop it altogether and thats why they recommend a bypass to grazers and sweet food eaters.

take your food diary and show them on your next appointment, and then they will evaluate your eating habbits and advise you which ops best for you, also express your preference and why, the most common thing i hear from banders is they say "my band doesnt work" but its not the band that doesnt work its the patient cheating and grazing/snacking or eating high calory slider foods such as choc ect because they feel "deprived" so they compensate with choc and grazing over the course of the day.

if you still feel the bands best for you and you can change the picking habbit on a long trem basis then the band could help you, the staff are only trying to help and get to the bottom of your real eating habbits and give you the right op for you.

liz x

thanks liz i thimk just needed to let of steam to some1 other than my oh it is hard stoping picking but i no i can inever used to pick it was only when i stoped smoking that it started befor that i was a 3 meals a day girl and thats when weight went on.
what foods are a no with the band i dont want to start eating a lot of somthing then have to give it up ,like strawberry are my new sweet thing its funny i havent had proper sweet things for a few weeks now and thing like strawberrys taste so much sweeter now is that right or just me
xxxx

thanks liz i thimk just needed to let of steam to some1 other than my oh it is hard stoping picking but i no i can inever used to pick it was only when i stoped smoking that it started befor that i was a 3 meals a day girl and thats when weight went on.
what foods are a no with the band i dont want to start eating a lot of somthing then have to give it up ,like strawberry are my new sweet thing its funny i havent had proper sweet things for a few weeks now and thing like strawberrys taste so much sweeter now is that right or just me
xxxx

bread was the 1st thing i completley gave up altogether, pasta is difficult, rice, red meats apart from mince, eggs is tricky some day i can manage them others i cant, bacons a no no for me, they advise no fizzy drinks. fruit is real problem for me as it just wont go down. everyone is different and other banders have diff probs with diff foods and these are just examples thats relevent to me.

foods that do go down which are a no no because they will stop you loosing are chocolate, ice cream, cakes, biscuits, custard, high calory curries & crisps.

thanks liz
already trying to give up the empty cal things dont realy eat a lot of junk food just used to eat a lot of bad meals eg pizza
so might have to give up the strawberrys

Liz you really are such a calming and knowledgable lady i love to read the advice you give others (you are spot on) sending you hugs with fairy dust to make you sparkle

lol wheres me crown then ;)

Well you totally deserve it Hun, cos Your full of great information and a Great help to us all, so THANKYOU!! x

hi fgs, thankyou for your kind comments, i think the info just comes from experience over the 4 years ive been banded and knowing alot of banders. EVERYONE is special on minis and its great that we can ALL help and support others that will walk the path we post oppers have with either banding or bypass, sleeve or what ever proceedure is chosen, thats the great thing about mini's.

liz x

Yay Liz, you ROCK. Not only wise but with a great sense of humour too x

totally agree re: Liz being great!
now I have a Q.. was going to put in as new thread but it been touched on here..

as am now 5days post-op and kinda getting tired of coffee or coffee as hot drink - is there anything else I can have instead (cant have tea more than once a day as body cant tolerate it much)? I used to like hot choc (could murder one right now cos not sleeping..) but dont think am allowed it due to 18g sugar content per serving? know there are 'light' versions but would I be allowed them at all?
not doing too bad otherwise - sticking to pureed anything and soups.. wish I could have other stuff but kow at the min am probably not allowed so am going to stick to being good.. roll on 3wks time when get to try 'proper food' again.. lol..

Hi liz
thanks xxxx

hi wanted to add to thread because i was very strongly told a bypass would be the op for me because of how i eat but if your sure the band is right for you stick to your guns i was banded in the end and have done well, i also preop began eating 3 meals a day as i never used to , you can do but dont be complacent either it is bloody hard not to pick and i dont always manage it lol but it can be done and im sure your do brilliantly:)

totally agree re: Liz being great!
now I have a Q.. was going to put in as new thread but it been touched on here..

as am now 5days post-op and kinda getting tired of coffee or coffee as hot drink - is there anything else I can have instead (cant have tea more than once a day as body cant tolerate it much)? I used to like hot choc (could murder one right now cos not sleeping..) but dont think am allowed it due to 18g sugar content per serving? know there are 'light' versions but would I be allowed them at all?
not doing too bad otherwise - sticking to pureed anything and soups.. wish I could have other stuff but kow at the min am probably not allowed so am going to stick to being good.. roll on 3wks time when get to try 'proper food' again.. lol..

hi mands cadbury's highlights drinking chocolate will be fine, bovril or oxo is a great hot drink if you like that kind of stuff, i like the beef or chicken ones just crumble the cube in a cup add hot water and a sprinkle of pepper if desired. cuppa soups are also great.

liz x

Back