• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

liz2008

Hiya
The start of the thread was to ask Liz what she thought, because I know Liz has the experience, and I always feel that she has the right advise at the time I need help. I respect everyone who has had weightloss surgery, it is not an easy decision, and regardless of what type of surgery you have, it changes your life. Most everyone on here has agreed that it has changed their life for the better in the fact that it has helped their health, wellbeing, physical and mental self.
I would have to say that the people who opt for surgery, realise that they do not want to fight the yo-yo dieting syndrome anymore, that was my reason for the surgery anyway. I have to say that I did no end of research before having my surgery. I met with two private consultants before making my decision. Neither surgeon recommended one system over the other, they gave me the information on both, and left me to make my decision. I think all of us on here that have had the surgery have made a really brave decision that was right for us.
With regards to the comment about us (banders) running for fills all the time, it just isn't the case, and I wanted to highlight that fact to others that havent had the band fitted yet. While there is a certain amount of maintenance that has to be done, with the fills, for those of us that are banded, it is really a minor inconvenience in the big picture. I never meant to offend anyone, I just wanted to ask someone that had "been there, done that and got the t-shirt" what her experiences where.
Thank you Liz for always inspiring me to stay positive, working through the low points, and offering your words of encouragement.

:thankyou: MyNewLife

but who has said that banders 'run for fills' all the time?

Hiya
The start of the thread was to ask Liz what she thought, because I know Liz has the experience, and I always feel that she has the right advise at the time I need help. I respect everyone who has had weightloss surgery, it is not an easy decision, and regardless of what type of surgery you have, it changes your life. Most everyone on here has agreed that it has changed their life for the better in the fact that it has helped their health, wellbeing, physical and mental self.
I would have to say that the people who opt for surgery, realise that they do not want to fight the yo-yo dieting syndrome anymore, that was my reason for the surgery anyway. I have to say that I did no end of research before having my surgery. I met with two private consultants before making my decision. Neither surgeon recommended one system over the other, they gave me the information on both, and left me to make my decision. I think all of us on here that have had the surgery have made a really brave decision that was right for us.
With regards to the comment about us (banders) running for fills all the time, it just isn't the case, and I wanted to highlight that fact to others that havent had the band fitted yet. While there is a certain amount of maintenance that has to be done, with the fills, for those of us that are banded, it is really a minor inconvenience in the big picture. I never meant to offend anyone, I just wanted to ask someone that had "been there, done that and got the t-shirt" what her experiences where.
Thank you Liz for always inspiring me to stay positive, working through the low points, and offering your words of encouragement.

:thankyou: MyNewLife

Great post chick....xx

MNL, thanks for your kind comments, any time you have a question, feel free to ask, and if i can answer it for you then id be more than happy to do so.

liz x

shellbell, as I only mentioned you in the context of what you had said on another thread in regards to the 40% failure rate of the band, I dont think I would have cause this much of a stir. If you notice, I had actually addressed the thread to Liz2008 as I wanted to know what she thought of that percentage, and that was the only part you played in that thread. I dont recall saying anything negative about you specifically, and If you feel that I have slated you in anyway then I appologise. I will make sure to place any further messages that could be seen as argumentative into private conversations.
MyNewLife

I don't feel slated, upset, or offended in any way :) This is a public forum though, so I have a right to read and respond to any of the threads! I don't see any stir being caused at all.

My only query was where this banders running for fills comment has come from, as I haven't read anyone saying that.

shellbell, as I only mentioned you in the context of what you had said on another thread in regards to the 40% failure rate of the band, I dont think I would have cause this much of a stir. If you notice, I had actually addressed the thread to Liz2008 as I wanted to know what she thought of that percentage, and that was the only part you played in that thread. I dont recall saying anything negative about you specifically, and If you feel that I have slated you in anyway then I appologise. I will make sure to place any further messages that could be seen as argumentative into private conversations.
MyNewLife

Hi MNL

This has been a great thread. Dont apologise for starting it. It has resulted in some healthy debate and I think people have made their point well.

I dont think anyone has slated anyone else.

Big hugs xx

thank you Sam for your comment and reassurance that you dont think I slated anyone by starting the thread. I dont use this system too much, and in hindsight, I should have sent a private message to Liz2008, but at the time I didnt know how to. I have since learnt how to do this, and will use this in the future. Regards
MyNewLife:p

thank you Sam for your comment and reassurance that you dont think I slated anyone by starting the thread. I dont use this system too much, and in hindsight, I should have sent a private message to Liz2008, but at the time I didnt know how to. I have since learnt how to do this, and will use this in the future. Regards
MyNewLife:p

I agree with Sam, the thread has been good as it has been a good debate. And Shel has said some things that have been on my mind for a while with regard to lack of research before going into WLS, dedication, advocating research & sign-posting to information.

You were not being disparaging towards Shel and it's been a good thing that further explanation has been afforded.

Job's a good 'un I think!

Back