• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Loads off questions pls help i need advise

Mikaela

Evening all i am going I'n sat morning and have a few questions i need answered 1 St one stage 1 any suggestions for wat i can have liquid?? need help i have been having a meltdown and felt so low is this normal ? I had to sleep all day yesterday and couldn't stop crying , went work today feeling slightly better reality is setting I'n and I'm nervous worried how this is going to affect my life i have a son not a supportive partner ,good friends so at least i got them my mum died when i was 17 and I'm feeling lonely and alone this is the time that i need her and she's not here thanks for listening and any advise would be great x

There's no such thing as normal honey. Yes, we all have doubts, we all get nervous, but we all deal with it in our own way. Have a read of my pre-op diary, or some of butterfliers posts for post op food ideas and have a real think. Decide if you do want this, or if its completely wrong for you right now. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Oh bless you, its natural to have amelt down and wonder if we are doing the right thing keep reding threads on here people doing it all the time we have all done it. The good thing about here is people are here and do care, no one can bring back your mam, and i can't begin to imagine how jhard it must have been losing your mam so young. Try to stay positive this is your chance. you have a child and a partner who love and care for you, and good friends, you ahev even more now by coming on here, we are always here to listen thetre is always some one to chat to you, vent your fears and anger on here its much easier than taking it out on your nearest and dearest. I can be a surrogate mam if you wish i seem to take on that role amongst friends. You TAKE CARE AND HAVE SOME ME TIME. Keep posting and talking day today. good luck xx

Mikaela,

What op are you having on Saturday? It's very hard without a mum, but if you have supportive friends, that's more than half the battle. Your partner isn't supportive, you say? He is probably scared for you, that's a natural reaction. He'll probably be much better once you're through your op.

You were asking about liquids, post op?

I was told two weeks only liquids. My mainstay then was the dreaded slimfast, plus milky drinks like hot chocolate, milky coffees, and thin soups such as chicken broth. Anything thicker than that can get stuck, and while you are healing you don't want anything getting stuck. The criteria is: if you can drink it through a straw, it's thin enough for the liquids stage.

Ask away if you have any other questions.

Just want to say you are among friends. This is an emotional rollercoaster of a journey. If you need to talk it through, always feel free to do that on here xxx

Back