• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long term implications of RNY

Solvazinc, that's the other one I was trying to remember! The one I had was Zincasol but I knew there was another type.

Smiler, yes, there are hormone issues with weight loss, so it can affect your moods. Most hair loss is just down to the body preserving protein for the more vital body needs, hair being the least vital it's the first to go. Up your protein intake, try zinc and selenium, and see how it goes. It should ease up fairly soon for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

smilergem said:
Interesting post. I have and still am suffering from terrible hair loss, it is really upsetting as my hair has always been my best feature. I take a high dose silica 2500 supplement, and have done since before the op, but it has made no difference. I am 9 months post op now, and just wish it would stop, I get really upset every time I wash my hair and there are handfuls in the bath.
Also my depression has got worse, I should be so happy at losing the weight, but my moods have been so low. Did I read on the forum somewhere that as you lose weight hormones are released from the stored fat, and that can affect how you feel?
I also get the dizzy spells too.

Yes, that's what my surgeon told me - hormones are stored in fat cells and when you lose lots of weight you secrete hormones too though at 9 months this should have settled as should the hair loss - I am going on the assumption that your weight loss has slowed tho. Might be something else going on to do with hormones? Could it be start of menopause maybe? Or as shel says not enough protein. Visit your gp to get some
Bloods to rule out menopause or any deficiencies. Hope you feel better soon

Last edited:
Back