• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long Termers - Calcium Citrate.

Yvessa

Hi guys,
thought this would be of interest to you. I was doing a bit of research and found Cacit-D3. Have now been prescribed it by my doctor, as it is a calcium carbonate preparation, but dissolved in water becomes calcium citrate. Available on the NHS :)

Yve

carebear1

I have adcal d3 4 a day :) chewable ones a bit chalky but ok x

I have them too but the dissolvable ones, Lemon. Two a day (double yuck)

I thought it was normal for everyone to be prescribed all the post op medication? I get all mine from GP even vits

angiemason

The only ones I don't get are vit d they have to be 5000 iu and docs can't prescribe them get them on line not all health food places do that high dose but have found them on 1 or 2 :) started my vit b12 jabs this week should've been on them from op but 14 months late I applaud is better then nothing x

Paula Garner

The only ones I don't get are vit d they have to be 5000 iu and docs can't prescribe them get them on line not all health food places do that high dose but have found them on 1 or 2 :) started my vit b12 jabs this week should've been on them from op but 14 months late I applaud is better then nothing x

Amazon sell them Angie. They are made by healthy origins and they are £10 for 360 soft gels.

Yvessa

The theory is that we absorb citrate better. Osteoporosis is a very common complication of the malabsorptive ops and we should be on calcium citrate as there is 15% more absorption of this preparation than there is of the calcium carbonate. I'm not really sure why we aren't all prescribed cacit. My gp had never heard of it but my team have and didn't mention it.

chrisa

I to have been on adcal since my op am supposed to have 2 a day but only take one a day but everyday, never use to remember the tea time one so just do the one on morning with other tablets so n am ok but yep that could be part of my constipation problem. xx

Yvessa

I was taking the asda ones - I don't get constipated full stop though.

Yvessa

Yes - spoke to my gp about it. Will send the side pd the box too