• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

longtermers question

pandora

finding my way again !
How so you stop losing in certain areas , is there any way to do so ?
I ask as there are some areas I don't want to lose any more from & other areas I still need to lose .
I really don't want to look boney & drawn :(
I am just over a stone over my goal

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLSurgery

I know I'm not a long termer, but I would think the only way to lose in some areas and not in others would be by using weights to body sculpt. When I was thin many moons ago, I totally changed the shape of my body by weight training. For the first time in my life I had a decent bust, and legs trim enough to wear short skirts, so I know it is possible to do.. Best thing would be to go to your local gym and tell the instructor what bits you want to change and get them to work out an exercise schedule for you maybe??
I will be interested to hear in this thread what other long termers do to re shape once they are at goal weight.

I'd like to know this too ! I don't want to lose an ounce of my face , bum or boobs ( I'd like to put some fat BACK in these areas!0 but would like to shift my tum and thighs !

mine is just my tum / hips , the rest is all good :) ok , so it could do with toning up , but gym is out of my budget :(

I have started at the gym and agree you can tone to sort your body shape. However some of it is gonna be loose skin :(

What about if gym is out of the question through finances, using a home weight work out programme. On the days I cant run I use the wii, and I have a personal fitness trainer programme which you can focus on strength training to shape and tone muscle areas.. I find that is really helpful. I invested in a set of different weight dumbells to use with the programme, so that provides an alternative to gym in the weight department..

Oh forgot to add Cheryl, that I also didnt want to pay out for expensive gym memberships, so I use the local leisure centre gym. And with a leisure card the sessions work out really cheap. That might be an avenue worth exploring!!

I'm even cheaper - I go for free! I use the schools gym lol as I can't afford squat. What about fitness dvds tho? You can get loads in charity shops for very little. And resistance bands work just as well as weights.

Oh lucky you Yvessa!!! Brilliant suggestion about the fitness dvds, as much cheaper than the Wii option xx Reading all the posts so far, although the method varies from person to person, when all is said and done it seems that the only real solution apart from surgery to alter your actual shape is good old exercise though....

well to be fair I have a wii, kinect, ps2 already but I like a bit of choice. Also the intensity on a home workout will never be the same as what I will make myself do in the gym.

I should investigate my Wii , I'm just not sure where to start & my motivation isn't great either :(

well if you do go down the wii route cheryl, then if you look on amazon or ebay you can pick up a copy of the wii personal fitness trainer for around £5.00... But I know what you mean. It is harder to get motivated at home alone, rather than the gym.. Couldnt you maybe investigate your local leisure centre, or does the hospital have a gym for staff members maybe??

No gym at hospital & all the local gyms are about £40 a month .
I have Wii fit , just dance & zumba , but personal trainer sounds a good idea . My daughter had dumb bells , but no idea what to do with them , what a hopeless case I am lol x

lol!! Not a hopeless case at all... Have a look on amazon at the personal trainer a used copy really is about £.5.00. I paid £6.50 for mine and it was in really good condition... It really is like having a personal trainer in your lounge... xx

In terms of motivation, for me it was about routine. It didn't matter whether I wanted to or not, I arrange two days at the school's gym with a friend of mine on sunday night, swimming fridays as my daughter goes and Sunday morning I do my kinect/wii. Also hoping to start saturdays as well with a fitness dvd. Which sounds a lot but I've not been doing it for very long. I would say start small - just 10 minutes. If you're competitive like me you will soon find yourself spending longer.

You tube have some free fitness workouts. Couch potato to 5k free NHS iPod mp3 download (I use it & it's very good) see the NHS website.

I find I'm only motivated within group exercise class- my gym membership is £70 a month now so think after the op I may be going to the local leisure centre as its cheaper and think they also do classes- wont be as clean though!

thanks BD , tho i don't have an ipod , will check out you tube

cheryl i did the from couch potato to 5k routine you can download it free from itunes and play it back on your mobile phone thats what I do.... I started off with that at 8 weeks out and have finished the whole programme, then like Yvessa kept on upping my exercise regime till now I am at the gym 4 times a week for mostly weights and a little cardio, I run 2 ks 3 times a week when the weather permits, and I do my Wii fitness trainer at home as much as I can.. I think Yvessas advice of starting off small and increasing in increments is the right way to do it though....

Buy an exercise ball, very cheap at Argos or Tescos, and sit on it whilst watching TV, helps to tone up your core muscles without actually doing anything...a tip from my dietician.

Back