• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Sleeve Looking fit as opposed to feeling fit.

Mixman

I think what you are seeing is the difference in the way the two photographs have been taken...The other guy has the camera looking up at him which is typically a more professional angle which makes everyone look good and conveys speed...you have the camera looking down on you which makes you look static.

I think you look every bit as good as the other guy!

Mix, you look ok to me!

i agree i think you ve done amazing, and should be very very proud!!! your every bit as 'fit' as the other guy, doing exactly the same as him proves this to you well done mixxy x

You def look fit Mix. It's the angle of the shot and what you are wearing - he is in short sleeves fitted top - you are not, so get down the shops lol.

You definitely look fit. But lets face it, cycle shorts are kind to no one so you'd have to be an olympic athlete to take a perfect photo. Don't be so hard on yourself. Bet you never thought you'd be on a bike before your op.

Yeah I think it is the top too, he's wearing short sleeved fitted top and you're wearing a long sleeved baggier top. But even without that you look fantastic, don't beat yourself up, Karen x

You look fit to me. I dont think anyone likes photos of themselves. But to me you look gooooood

jo
xx

Does anyone else have this negative attitude about the way they look? After the Harewood ride at the weekend, pics have now been posted. Now I don't like the way I look. I still don't think I 'look' fit in the first picture as opposed to the guy in the second picture. Pictures courtesy of Evans Cycles

All sizes | DSC_0255 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

All sizes | DSC_0277 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Hhmmmm I'm going to be as honest as I can here. Please don't hate me!

No you don't look as fit as the other guy, there IMHO are several reasons for this:

1. the angle the picture was taken (as others have said)
2. the clothes you're wearing ... they look less fitted
3. you've lost a lot of weight - has the guy in the other picture lost a lot of weight in a short period of time?

I think 3 is fundamentally important here. There are some WLS patients (and people who have lost a lot of weight on other diets) who ping back nicely but in the main I reckon I could spot an ex-obese person (pre tummy tuck etc.) quite easily. Unfortunately it's a cross I've realised I will have to bear. This can be countered by building more muscle (Karlos for instance) hence my talking about weight training so much.

AT the end of the day you've gotta not be so hard on yerself .... you look a damned site better than the man in this picture:
11.jpg
:

And that is really all that matters. ;) ;) ;) :hug99:

SO
THIS:
11.jpg

or THIS:

5635416940_7b9444fa66_b.jpg

You've come far .... don't worry about the competitors in the race of life .... The Race (or journey) of Life is a Unique one, it is ONLY YOU who matters and it's not about who 'finishes first ;). Luckily you'll be finishing way behind the guy you used to be!! :bliss:

Quit being so hard on yourself! You look fantastic. Comparisons are not always our friend. I've got a size 8 bum now, but that doesn't mean I would like to be seen in hotpants. :massmoon: xx

All the above Mixxy!You are a different bodyshape to him,you know the endomorph things.Just imagine old Mixxy on that bike in lycra!
Im one of the older gals on here and as long as I get to a really comfortable weight I will be happy,If I was in my 20s or 30s it may of been different.How are you wearing those body sculpting garments in this weather?Do you let it all hang out at home!Maz x

I think what you are seeing is the difference in the way the two photographs have been taken...The other guy has the camera looking up at him which is typically a more professional angle which makes everyone look good and conveys speed...you have the camera looking down on you which makes you look static.

I think you look every bit as good as the other guy!

what Mini said. I think in terms of do you look fit? yes, yes you do :D x

I think you look fab!

I don't think I would be able to pick you out as a former fatty with your clothes on.

Can totally identify with the self-image thing, however.

u look quality m8 ok i think its all down to the clothes like another person said but proud of your self
you look fantastic
brad

Please please please don't compare your self to that guy mixxy. You've come such a long way with your weight loss and i personally are really inspired by all you have achieved. Whenever i chat to people about our minimins site, your name is the first i shout out about.
Ok so maybe you will never have a body like Mr poser (sorry if you know him lol) but i bet he'll never achieve what you have...even in a million years x

you did yourself proud x

Fantastic!!!

Back