• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Its time to get back on track

I was banded in 2013. Lost loads of weight was so happy. Yes I have noticed I can eat so much more I haven't had a fill for over a year. I noticed a lot of my summer clothes have shrunk lol. Just weighed myself and I have gained 2.5 stone. Which is devastating considering I had lost 5 so now 3 years on I spent all that money to just loose 2.5 stone. I looked at an old picture and I was huge. I have somehow deleted the pics of me at my lowest (I obviously did that for a reason) Anyway went to a family wedding at the weekend. There were old pictures all over the venue there was one of me at my biggest. My hubby said look at you fatty blimey how different you look (it was in a nice way don't get me wrong) Then my mother in law said your getting near that point again love!! then shoved a picture of me (my lowest weight in my face) Saying see you don't look like that now. Broke my heart a little. It also embarrassed me and upset my step son. Him crying made the situation so much worse. He is 14 but her tone was so vicious it shocked him. Anyway maybe it was just what I needed. So I have just booked (and paid £110 as out of aftercare) for a fill downloaded my fitness pal. I am taking the babies swimming later which we can do loads its just a few doors down from our house. I am also tempted with joining Gymaphobics? Has anyone tried these?
Does anyone have any suggestions? Words of wisdom? I need to start to eat healthy again, I haven't bought any fruit or fresh veg in forever. I also am eating any old crap I had KFC yesterday (I am pissed off with myself) I must do this. I am at another family wedding in 3 months I want to loose this 2.5 stone by then. I never told my mother in law about the band. She is very judgmental I have been screamed at this weekend for having a tan. My parents live in Spain I spend a lot of time there and I just tan, its my skin I cannot help it. So I never told her. I gave up carbs with the band as they were a struggle she thinks that's madness and that's how I lost weight. I would also like to point out shes a size 20 so was a little harsh of her. She is my step children's nan I have to be kind and I have to love her. Luckily I only see her every few months.

How about starting right at the very beginning ..
Go back on your pre op diet to kick start your body and shrink your liver .. Just like the beginning of your journey ..
I'm having to do this after 4 months as I've gone into a stall weight loss wise ..
Take it right back to basics ..

It sounds like you've got a plan in place, good luck :)
Your mother in law however sounds like a very difficult woman and perhaps if she has her own weight issues that's why she is taking it out on you? Jealousy can make people say terrible things x

Certainly sounds like you're putting the wheels in motion. We were handed at a similar time. Don't worry about the monster in law tbh it sounds so much like jealousy. Maybe she's harbouring her own weigh issues? Maybe she just doesn't want you to feel as uncomfy as she does in her skin?
I think a previous poster had a really good idea go right back to post op diet. If we are eating the right things portion size shouldn't matter too much that phrase may seem crazy coming from a bander but it is true X best of luck X x

Back