• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why do I still see a size 30 woman in the mirror?

Im 2 years post op and originally weighed 30 stone, Im now 10 stone and a size 8-10 at the top and size 10-12 on my bottom half - I still see a fat bird looking back at me in the mirror, my brain still hasn't caught up.

I still examine a chair before I sit in it
I still hate to eat in public
I still feel like Im being stared at walking along the street
I still buy clothes too big for me just because they fit
I still browse through outsize catalogues ?
I still walk around parked cars instead of squeezing through them in a car park
I still sometimes turn sideways when walking through doorways

Trust me the list is endless

Your not alone in feeling like this, especially if you have been so big for so long. Excess skin always messes with the mind, I have tons of it and its not a pretty sight, but when Im dressed no one can see it.

Well done on your weight loss so far, your looking great.

Take care

Amanda x

I know exactly how you feel - been feeling like that recently, part of the rason I've not been on here much lately (that and the fact I've been really busy!)

But this time last year I was a 26, and today I got into an old size 18 coat with room to spare, but I seem to have this mental block that makes me really *feel* like I've lost the weight! Every time I go into to buy clothes I automatically look for the 24/26 rather than 18/20 sizes. Even though my clothes are hanging off me, my brain hasn't caught up yet.
Maybe once my weightloss has stabilised I'll be a bit better!!

You look great in the last picture with the emerdale guy. Good luck with your journey x

Glad it's not just me but sad see it too.
I've noticed that when I go shopping, whilst I can now proudly walk past Evans, knowing that even though they still cater for me, their clothes are far too expensive compared to other stores, I still can't bring myself to go into many of the 'normal' clothes shops. I feel like the shop assistants will be wondering how I've got the cheek to walk in there. So I buy most of my clothes from Sainsbury's who fortunately have a fab range and Sports Direct, where I seem to have developed something of a chav fetish for sportswear! btw this time last year I had to search the net for plus size thermals for when I walk the dog. The only ones I could get were those white embroidered granny ones. This year I nipped into sports direct and picked up some extra large black thermal ski tights. They're too big lol. Nice and warm though.

Keep up the good work, you'll soon be loud & proud to be thin. I tend to grab things in matalan & supermarkets as cheap for the ever shrinking me to not be upset if they don't fit for long. With luck the head image will soon catch up with the body image & you can enjoy the new you to the full. But believe us all when we say you're looking good girl.

Hi, I think this is very common , i got into size 14 jeans a couple of weeks ago but still put on my 18's !
People have started to say , " enough now,dont lose anymore" but the scales still say i need to lose at least another 2 stone ? I wasn't given a target but always said i would be happy at size 14 so i'm thinking maybe another stone. My skin has kept up quite well so far but i have had a few say " you dont want to lose anymore in your face" so the scales say one thing, friends say another and the head says another ! just cant win x

Back