• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Looking for help, please!

wishfulone

Hi,
i am new to this.
I have got to a point in my life when I feel that surgery is now my option. Unfortunately I will not qualify for NHS funding. I wish to have a gastric sleeve with financing. I live in darford and looking to find a consultant/ surgeon that someone can recommend. As finance is an issue, I would like to have little complications afterwards and looking for recommendations. if you have had a positive experience, please let me know!
appreciate your time.....

i had nhs but i believe BBC in Prague are very good :) but have no idea about in this country my op was done by Gravitas and i could not fault them at all, at no point did i feel inferior because i wasn't paying :) hope this helps a little but are you sure you won't qualify

Carnt help sorry but wanted to say welcome n good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi,
i am new to this.
I have got to a point in my life when I feel that surgery is now my option. Unfortunately I will not qualify for NHS funding. I wish to have a gastric sleeve with financing. I live in darford and looking to find a consultant/ surgeon that someone can recommend. As finance is an issue, I would like to have little complications afterwards and looking for recommendations. if you have had a positive experience, please let me know!
appreciate your time.....

Hiya!! I am in Sidcup and was turned down as well. I am going to the Czech Rep in 11 days with Cosmetic Bliss. Do a search of the forum, there are a few of us who have gone with them. I can't say enough positive things about them. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. x

Do your research thoroughly - yes it's cheaper to go abroad but what about backup. I didn't opt for the cheapest option I went to bmi highfield as it was local and the surgeon had a very good reputation. I didn't fancy THG having to be collected by car and travelling to Birmingham and then to be brought all the way home by car early the day after when you are not feeling good

Research is really important! There are great private clinics all over the UK. My choice was not about price. I think surgery is the last thing you should bargain hunt for. I chose Czech because the procedure i wanted is not done here. It's a gastric wrap, but they do sleeves as well.

thank you all for your support. I have done some research on the internet and found Mr. El Hasani through WLSgroup. they seem friendly and helpful.

I am going private as I do not qualify for NHS. This is a big investment, and my last chance to change my life.

If there is anyone out here who has used the WLS group or has had any experience with either this company or Mr. Elhasani, please share!!

thank you all again for the support! Reading your posts give me confidence that I have made the right decision......:)

thank you all for your support. I have done some research on the internet and found Mr. El Hasani through WLSgroup. they seem friendly and helpful.

I am going private as I do not qualify for NHS. This is a big investment, and my last chance to change my life.

If there is anyone out here who has used the WLS group or has had any experience with either this company or Mr. Elhasani, please share!!

thank you all again for the support! Reading your posts give me confidence that I have made the right decision......:)

There are a few people who have had their op's done by him both nhs and private. And everyone speaks very highly of him!

At the moment all i can't really help but I'm having my op with him in 2weeks at the BMI chelsfield hospital, I'm nhs but his been sending people to his private clinic to lower his nhs waiting list.

Good luck

Vicky x

Wls group have been fab for me..quick easy process with all post op aftercare followed up! X

Not sure if this is any help but I had my band fitted last week by el hasani. I was nhs. He has a terrific reputation and all of the staff at the hospital spoke highly of him too. His bedside manner is lacking but he is super efficient and a great surgeon. He even collects his own patients to take them to the o.r. as he thinks the porters take too long to do it!
Good luck with your search and surgery. Look forward to seeing your journey.

hi there i am with wls group and up to now i really like them up to now as i a pre op

Hello to a fellow Dartfordian :)

What makes you think you won't get funding ?

I believe my friend had the surgeon you talk of, do you have facebook at all, might be easier to chat through there?

Sharon x x

I had surgery with WLS Group and had Dr El-Hasani as my surgeon, He was very good and was pleasant to me through the entire stage. He is very upfront in the way he speaks to you but I like that.

Hello and welcome.
I'm from Welling had a bypass by him last Friday. Very good no problems at all.
All the best in what ever you do xxx

Hello and welcome to the site.
I had my bypass on Sunday by Mr Patel at Kings College - it was directly with him. Made the decision to go private weekend before last and he did the op this weekend. I had been on his nhs list for a year - he currently has a 2 year wait with approx 23 people being added to a list each month. I can not fault him at all - best investment I have ever made in myself. No regrets so far!! Go look at his web site, his pa Beth is also a trained nurse so really helpful with any questions you may have. Good Luck xxx

hi,
thank you all for giving me a little bit more confidence! I had choosen Wls as they seemed to be very helpful but have discovered that Dr. Patel would have been a grand cheaper!!
Sharon, pleased to meet anther "dartfordian"! Unfortunately I am not heavy enough, but I so need to make a change in my life.
I am so glad to see that so many of you are having it done this month! My date is for the end of this month.... Getting nervous!

my date is now fixed with wls. They are very friendly so far. I realise they are about £600.00 more expensive than a couple of others I have seen but the offer of 3 year follow up is tempting!

I so want this to work and worried that it may fail like all my other attempts to lose weight.
Sharon- I would love to chat with you but am not sure how facebook works! :(

24th of March is my big day!

If you have facebook you can add me, Sharon Gibbons.

or my email is [email protected]

x

Back